• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Why is the out-of-print Pathfinder Campaign Setting so expensive?

dm4hire

Explorer
With the exception of eBay, the other places may only be listing them high as a place holder for when/if they ever get the book in stock. Saves on having to relist all the details they would have to take down due to not having the book, so by jacking it up to a price no one wants to pay they can keep the listing at no extra expense then when they get a copy they can just set it back to the correct or more reasonable price. In the mean time if someone actually tries to buy it they can then say either sorry we're out or actually buy the book somewhere else cheaper and fill the order making a profit.

I have a mint copy that I'd be willing to give a new home. Trade is probably the best idea since shipping from Denmark is hugely expensive.

PM me if there's any interest.

Jeff Wilder

First Post
I have a mint copy that I'd be willing to give a new home. Trade is probably the best idea since shipping from Denmark is hugely expensive.
I likewise have a mint copy I'll sell for $50 plus shipping from NorCal. (It's not that I don't like the book, for the record, it's that we're not currently playing Pathfinder, I'm not really a "collector," and so I'll be just find waiting for the updated setting book.)

Crothian

First Post
I've seen a couple of them for around half price at used book stores. With the new version coming out soon I don't see why anyone would pay more the retail price for this book.

If people ARE paying that much, then I'm going to sell my copy and replace it with the updated version in a few months. A 250%-900% return on investment is nothing to sneeze at!

Caliber42

First Post
I was extremely lucky to find this on ebay for $56, which considering it is averaging $120 I'd say I did pretty well. My advice is to keep looking frequently.

-Cal

Remove ads