• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spelljammer Why Spelljammer?

miggyG777

Explorer
Many people, that are somewhat into the hobby and play 5e, will at some point hear about Starfinder or maybe even Starwars D6 or generally are just interested in sci-fi / space because they are nerds.
Its just a matter of time before they wonder if something like that extists in D&D 5e and they find out about Spelljammer.

Zardnaar

Legend
According to Greta we do not have that much time ..... :p

... so better develop your psionic skills :)

Heh Earth has been hotter before with no ice caps. Dinosaurs were in Antarctica.

Earth will take care of itself, long term species evolved from apes are probably doomed anyway.

My cat might be psionic though. Kirre prototype.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Heh Earth has been hotter before with no ice caps. Dinosaurs were in Antarctica.

Earth will take care of itself, long term species evolved from apes are probably doomed anyway.

My cat might be psionic though. Kirre prototype.

Yeah the Earth will be fine, it's the people we should be worried about...

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
I guess the very childlike 'Squeee!' I emitted when I saw the opening for BG3 a couple of days ago might be why Spelljammer is in the Zeitgeist. Spelljammer was both D&D in Space!!! with airships and pirates before Eberron came about and after Mystara waned. I also agree Spelljammer is shorthand for grognards discussing any over the top campaign.

anthr

Explorer
Why does new players know about Spelljammer?

Maybe because they saw this pic even before they heard of DnD?

spelljammer-ships.jpg

Stormonu

Legend
May have mentioned I have a near mint version of Spelljammer the plastic sprue ship based are still mint. Wife said you have everything which isn't that true as I'm missing a lot if setting it only have the main set.

Wait- what? How did you get this sprue of Spelljammer ships? I wasn't aware there were plastic ships out there somewhere - I thought there were plans for a Dragonstrike version, but never thought anything was released.

Zardnaar

Legend
Wait- what? How did you get this sprue of Spelljammer ships? I wasn't aware there were plastic ships out there somewhere - I thought there were plans for a Dragonstrike version, but never thought anything was released.

The ships are cardboard but the plastic sprue bases have never been snapped apart.

Set is unused as far as I can tell. I bought PDFs so I don't have to use it. I've got a beat up war captains companion with the hex maps for space combat.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads