Unearthed Arcana Why UA Psionics are never going to work in 5e.

Chaosmancer

Legend
I meant what I said. The overpowered charm was fine if you limit the number of PPs. I was very clear about what I was talking about. Context matters.

You quoted both sections and said "that power level is fine" so no, you did not make anything clear, because you indicated you were talking about both sections.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
You quoted both sections and said "that power level is fine" so no, you did not make anything clear, because you indicated you were talking about both sections.
If you had read my response about limiting PP to deal with higher power levels, you'd have clearly understood the context. You have to read everything to get context.

Chaosmancer

Legend
If you had read my response about limiting PP to deal with higher power levels, you'd have clearly understood the context. You have to read everything to get context.

You know, I'm just going to point out you are telling me I should have read your entire post (which I did) in defense of you not reading my entire post (which you admitted you did not)

That is called hypocrisy my friend.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus

You know, I'm just going to point out you are telling me I should have read your entire post (which I did) in defense of you not reading my entire post (which you admitted you did not)

That is called hypocrisy my friend.
I didn't admit that I didn't read your entire post(which I did). I said that my response was exactly what I wanted to say. I didn't care about the disparity in the two examples he gave. I said that my response was keyed to the high power example, which in very obvious context, it was.

Chaosmancer

Legend
I didn't admit that I didn't read your entire post(which I did). I said that my response was exactly what I wanted to say. I didn't care about the disparity in the two examples he gave. I said that my response was keyed to the high power example, which in very obvious context, it was.

I asked "did you read my critique of telekinetic grip" and you said "Well, no"

If you meant something else, maybe you should have been more specific in your response. Quoting an entire passage and only responding to a section of it, that is a good way to seem like you aren't reading everything

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I asked "did you read my critique of telekinetic grip" and you said "Well, no"

If you meant something else, maybe you should have been more specific in your response. Quoting an entire passage and only responding to a section of it, that is a good way to seem like you aren't reading everything
I was responding to what you said about balance, as was obvious from.......................context.

Or...perhaps...the psionic abilites that the gith have are assigned to the rules for the race since those are racial abilities???? That way you won't have un-psionic gith like you would if you make psionics a set of feats.
They already have that. However, as things stand, their psionic abilities of PC gith are very underpowered. Now, you could allow them to improve using racial feats. But then you cold simply call those gith racial feats psionic wild talents and open them up to other races (with an appropriate perquisite). Which is what is in the UA.

Remove ads