• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wich book do you recomend for this?

JoeGKushner

First Post
Crothian said:
I have two suggestions for you. The first is Monster Handbook written by Mike Mealrs for Fantasy Flight Games. It has was to alter the creatures and you can make creatures a little more powerful without increasing the CR. It was written for 3.0 but really should work well for 3.5

http://www.enworld.org/reviews/index.php?sub=yes&where=currentprod&which=FFGMH

THe other book is Delux Book of Templates. It has a lot of templates that can be used to increase the power of creatures as well.

http://www.enworld.org/reviews/index.php?sub=yes&where=currentprod&which=BoTDE

I'll echo these recommendations. Both good books for pumping up your monsters. Green Ronin has an Advanaced Bestiary coming out soon that's a book of templates with lots of examples so it too will be worth looking into.

Trencher

Explorer
Thanks for the heads up on the new monster book from green ronin I collect monster books so I am going to pick that one up.
And I have been a Dm for 15 years, I know something about tactics.. But my favorite monster is a creature who is so though and dumb that it does not need tacktics to be dangerous. In any case I am going to pick up the monster hand book.
Thanks for the advice.

devilish

Explorer
Grim Tales

I'd recommend the appendix of Grim Tales, which
allows you to figure out why a creature has a certain
CR and how to upgrade/modify it with whatever you want.

Create kobolds with haste 5X a day ability.
Poison spiting ogres, incorporeal worgs, and
the charts will let you figure out the CR for each creature.

Katerek

Iconic Gnoll
devilish said:
I'd recommend the appendix of Grim Tales, which
allows you to figure out why a creature has a certain
CR and how to upgrade/modify it with whatever you want.

Create kobolds with haste 5X a day ability.
Poison spiting ogres, incorporeal worgs, and
the charts will let you figure out the CR for each creature.

For fear of being a me too poster...

I second this recomendation. Grim Tales is sweeter than a horse trough of cherries jubilee.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads