• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wicht! [KoK]

Snoweel

First Post
This is addressed to Wicht, but pertains to anyone with the Kingdoms of Kalamar Campaign Setting.

I've lost my KoK maps somewhere in the pile of books and shoes that is my apartment.

So I need help - I wonder if anyone who is able, is willing to work out the scales for the regional maps that appear at the beginning of each chapter of the KoKCS. Whatever form you want to give the scales, I'm happy: 1cm = X miles, 1:whatever, you get the picture.

I'd be eternally grateful.

Love,
Snoweel

Wicht

Hero
I am the wrong person to ask as I have somehow misplaced half of my KoK map and it's the half with the scale on it. I have been guessing distances for the most part for the last 6 months. :confused:

It is however IIRC about 15-20 miles between Geanavue and Loona so that might help you. And if you look in the book map, the distance from Loona straight south to the edge of the oval around Geanavue is about 20 miles.

Snoweel

First Post
Thanks Wicht. That should be enough for what I'm trying to do.

barovan - Dude, I've already got so many passwords and handles to remember...

Orclicker

First Post
I don't think that the regional maps are all quite the same scale however I do know that at one point Kenzer had a few extra maps that they were selling. I also know that the Atlas will be out before Christmas.

Snoweel

First Post
With Wicht's advice (Geanavue - Loona = 20 miles), I was able to work out that the map on the back cover was 1cm = 138km (or thereabouts - I don't have it with me).

From there I was able to get a scale for each of the regional maps - you're right, Orclicker - they range from about 1cm = 80km up over 1cm = 100km.

Remove ads