Wicht- Light Path Questions

nsruf

First Post
Wicht said:
And for white belts, if you had not yet noticed, the higher tiered fighters have all the advantage in a speed match :)

Well, I just found out the hard way:p The problem is, given how long a 3 flag match could take, I think I simply will not fight any more higher tiered fighters. Was this really the intention behind the new rules?

Well... winning against higher tiered fighters IS hard, but, as you say, this was intended. The reward is extra ranks, if you win and I think that is enough of an incitament for the fights to happen.

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
nsruf said:

Well, I just found out the hard way:p The problem is, given how long a 3 flag match could take, I think I simply will not fight any more higher tiered fighters. Was this really the intention behind the new rules?

Fight a 2 flag traditional match then. :) (and avoid strategy matches - the more random the fight the better a chance the white belt has)

It was intentional having each tier more powerful than the last. Under the old rules a Brown belt had only a slight advantage over a white belt - their main advantage was that in a single round they won all ties.

As a white belt you can't be hurt by losing to a higher tiered fighter, but on the other hand winning will propel you 2 ranks.

White belts are still, however, going to have a much better chance at winning against another white belt.

nsruf

First Post
I found out the hard way in a 2 flag traditional match (the final round hasn't been judged yet, but there is no doubt as to the outcome here). Kalanyr was even kind enough not to use his Holy Day on round two, after he won the 1st round. So his chance of winning the match after only one round was actually 50%. The 2 ranks one could earn by defeating a 2nd tier fighter are no incentive if the chance to beat him is too low.

Wicht

Hero
The problem in your fight Nsurf does not seem to be the rules but Kalanyr's use of the Holy day after your move which is a no-no. All powers should be used in the same post as the original generated move.

nsruf

First Post
Thanks for pointing that out. But now, it rises the issue of initiative in the case of Holy Day. So, if he has the right to go last because of this ability (or because of higher rank), nothing really changes.

Wicht

Hero
from the rules game ettiquette section

5) Any use of a power should be decided on when the move for that round is generated and posted. If you are posting first, you cannot wait until after your opponent has posted to decide whether to include a power in with the move.

Perhaps we should make Holy Day an initiative determiner, With the one with Holy Day going first unless the opponent has chi strike. (similar to sneaky tricks relationship to dirty trick). That would probably soften up the ability a little.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Wicht, as I see it now, there is nothing to stop a fighter from doing an end run around the rules about Light fighters having to beat an enemy to advance in tiers. The fighter could advance up to Tier 6 in Honor Path, then beat an enemy to transfer over to the Light Path, right?

Remove ads