• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wikia malware

Systole

First Post
Make sure your virus protections are up to date. Something on Wikia tried to install some nasty malware. I'm not sure if it was a script or I accidentlally clicked on a banner. Be careful.

Satin Knights

First Post
I took a quick look at the html source of a couple wiki pages, and I didn't see anything suspicious or out of nature from what I saw before. So, I would suspect one of the banner ads. That seems to be a favorite of the evil crowd these days.

Firefox + AdBlock Plus + NoScript also protects me from 99.9% of those kinds of attacks. I recommend that combination to anyone surfing the web. The site looks drastically different compared to loading in Ie.

-SK
(not declaring anything as safe, I just couldn't find an issue)

Systole

First Post
I'm 99% sure I clicked on a banner, but it's still of case of watch your butt. The virus that came up was one that one that I've had before, and it is a @#$%& and a half to clean off once it's there.

Remove ads