Critical Role Wildemont <--> Tal'dorei: Relationship?

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
How are the two settings related? Same world; different part? Different world? It's been a while since I listened to CR (picking it back up this week), but I seem to recall Same World; Different Continent because the gods are the same.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Different parts of the same world, which is called Exandria.

AFB5B458-B92C-405E-A63A-05153FE06C23.jpeg

From the CR wiki. Tal’Dorei is the continent to the left, while Wildemount is part of the continent on the right.

Last edited:

Longspeak

Adventurer
Tal'Dorei was the focus of the Critical Role "season 1." This is your "Vox Machina" stories. The only references to Wildmount I recall were a group from there factored into a key plot point of one story. (I listen to the podcast, haven't finished Season 1 yet, though. :) ) They DID travel to another continent (a couple of times, IIRC), somewhere north of Taldorei.

Wilemount is the setting for the "season 2," new series, new characters, set I think 20 years after the events of season 1. All I know about this one is that art I googled for use in my own game was apparently based on a couple of characters from that series. :p One very elegant tiefling and one very angry human?

You can license the rights. And lose them.
You can. But there is no reason to suppose they did. It's not normal in publishing (J. K. Rowling still owns the rights to Harry Potter). If Green Ronin had gone to the trouble of acquiring the rights, they wouldn't have just done one book, they would have published a whole string of adventures.

At this stage, not even WotC could afford the rights. It wouldn't surprise me if the Critical Role brand isn't worth more than the D&D brand.

Remove ads