• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wildwood Red in Tooth and Claw II [IC]

Voidrazor

First Post
"Yes Inamar". NR4ZN steps back to make more room. As it does so, the warzoder once again hefts its club, aiming, but waiting to strike until the way is clear.

Voadam

Legend
Now almost hopping with anger, Inamar raises her arm to her eye to sight down its length and takes careful aim, as if her appendage was a musket or some exotic weapon from NZ's place and time.

"Steady...oh you are so going to get it...NZ, out of the way!...there you are you little bugger..."

With a crack and a smell like ozone, she sends another bolt of energy at the rat!

"Yes Inamar". NR4ZN steps back to make more room. As it does so, the warzoder once again hefts its club, aiming, but waiting to strike until the way is clear.

Unfortunately the bolt and tree club both fail to meet their mark as the rat dodges around frantically, hissing in anger.

This is enough however for Weylan to take advantage of its predicament. As it leaps out of the way of the tree club the mindblade slashes along its side opening up a bloody wound.

Thelso instantly plunges forward with his spear and impales the foul thing upon its stone tip. With a quick crunch of jaws Thelso ends the beast's suffering.

Voadam

Legend
Thelso moves over to the squealing one with a broken back and with a quick plunge of his spear the muddy dover ends its suffering as well. The four rats are defeated.

Shayuri

First Post
"Fine," Inamar replies. "Are you guys okay? I can do another..." she wiggles her fingers, "thingy. The healing thing. You kept them off me, so it's only fair."

She gives one of the rats a vengeful kick.

"I used to be a bit afraid of rats. Now I just hate them."

Voadam

Legend
Thelso spits out a bit of rat flesh that caught in his teeth "They are foul of taste too. I'll be fine once I catch my breath. Thank you Inamar, your timely magic healing was appreciated." The muddy dover removes his spear from the last rat's throat.

Pyrex

First Post
Voidrazor said:
"For the safety of the village we should endeavor to discover what is driving these creatures to such frenzy. They continue hostilities even when the battle is hopeless."

"Right. And we haven't found the druid yet either. Is everyone ready to continue?"

Shayuri

First Post
Inamar rolls her eyes, but can't help a little smile too.

"All right all right, lets go find this druid...if he's here to be found."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads