• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wildwood Red in Tooth and Claw II [IC]

Voadam

Legend
Weylan makes his way with stealth and caution. The roots lead to the hollowed out ragged stump of a large tree. Many slender reed trees provide cover for the entrance and the druid's structure is not visible from here. A small game trail leads away from the druid structure.

Voadam

Legend
Shayuri said:
(psst...did the badger respond to my healing spell? That I cast? In my last post? :))

(Missed that post entirely, must have gone up while I was writing mine, sorry. :eek: )

Inamar's magical healing energy flows into the snarling badger and the most grievous of his wounds fade, leaving him merely heavily wounded. With a shakey step it gets up and tries its wobbly legs, apparently no longer at death's door. Once it regains its balance it gives a little snarl and points its head towards the maze taking a step that way then looking back at Thelso and Inamar.

Voidrazor

First Post
Once Weylan confirms that they have, in fact, found the exit and that the area above is clear, NR4ZN begins the laborious process of backing back down the narrow passage. Upon returning to the others, the robot states, "The tunnel exits to the surface approximately 120 meters ahead. We must have passed the druid in the cavern maze my lords. Shall we proceed, or do you require rest?"

Voadam

Legend
The badger leads the party back into the maze, occasionally sniffing and giving off small snarls. When it comes upon the remains of the large evil looking rats it snarls menacingly and gives one a slash with its clawed front paw before pressing on.

The badger leads off into a slightly narrower passage of the maze area, NR4ZN had followed the largest openings whenever there had been a choice. The zoder has to squeeze through the muddy walls, giving himself a new covering of mud, but is able to do so without problem.

The muddy maze finally clears out to the southwest. Just a few paces from the maze, the floor sweeps sharply downward, forming a small pool 20 feet across at the bottom of the
recessed floor. The surface of the pool, a good 30 feet below the ground level, is thick and
murky with algae, with small clouds of flies buzzing lazily above it.

The rest of the chamber is nearly 40 feet across, but only a narrow ledge of flat earth
encircles the sunken center to either side. The footing on the ledge appears sturdy, but the
steep sides of the pit look slick and muddy. On the opposite end of the pit, far to the southwest, a 10-foot-wide tunnel extends further into the earth.

The badger sniffs the air then lets out a low rumbling snarl that exposes his teeth as the animal's gaze draws down to the pool below. There is a little disturbance in the algae as a bubble erupts up and pops.

The badger pauses for a moment snarling then when nothing more seems to happen it carefully steps out onto the narrow ledge and begins to make its way around. It is surprisingly agile and sure-footed.

Pyrex

First Post
OOC: So, of course, no one in the party has a single rank in Balance... :p

Not really liking the look of the narrow edge, but also not seeing another way across the room, Weylan slowly begins following the badger around the ledge.

Shayuri

First Post
Inamar hisses as she sucks air in between her teeth.

"Oh...careful...I don't like the looks of that pond. I'll wait until you get across to go..."

She gives a look to the warzoder, now covered in mud.

"How's he going to get over that?"

Remove ads