Will WotC release Keys from the Golden Vault with zero promotion due to OGL firestorm?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
It might need to be a fair bit after the 20th if they want any clear air. I'm personally very pessimistic about what we'll see when WotC unveils the new OGL, and there's a lot of people who are primed to be angrier than me (not to mention those who've glommed onto the whole business for outrage clicks and who have an interest in keeping it going as long as possible)

But still, even before this whole OGL business blew up in everyone's face, Golden Vault info was still way behind the regular preview schedule. I just did an archive search, and it looks like we had page counts, cover art, a few internal images etc, and content details for Spelljammer in April 2022, four months before the release date. If Golden Vault was on that timeline, we should have seen the cover art in October.
My theory has long been that they wanted to see how the movie was looking, as production is finishing up, so they can decide whether to use movie-related art in the book or just make is a generic D&D book.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
My theory has long been that they wanted to see how the movie was looking, as production is finishing up, so they can decide whether to use movie-related art in the book or just make is a generic D&D book.
I can see how that might be appealing, but it would also be a really jarring change in their general art direction.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases