Will WotC release Keys from the Golden Vault with zero promotion due to OGL firestorm?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Good for them. The more content that supports rogues and heists, the better.

There was a time, back when dinosaurs ruled the earth and no one had yet heard of a book called Unearthed Arcana, when all-thief games were super-common, with player characters robbing every setting blind. (Look, Len Lafolka, you put a detailed freaking dungeon and treasure vault under the friendly lord's castle. What did you think the PCs were going to do?)

It's a great playstyle that deserves to come into fashion, and not just in the gritty Blades in the Dark way.

darjr

I crit!
Good for them. The more content that supports rogues and heists, the better.

There was a time, back when dinosaurs ruled the earth and no one had yet heard of a book called Unearthed Arcana, when all-thief games were super-common, with player characters robbing every setting blind. (Look, Len Lafolka, you put a detailed freaking dungeon and treasure vault under the friendly lord's castle. What did you think the PCs were going to do?)

It's a great playstyle that deserves to come into fashion, and not just in the gritty Blades in the Dark way.
Don’t forget the five copper the laundry has.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I remember DMing in vague horror as my player characters stole every bit of coin under the floorboards in Homlett and found every stash of treasure or weapons in hay lofts.
Doesn't need an all-Thief or all-Rogue party to take that approach.

IME almost any party in existence, regardless of class makeup, can and will do this at any opportunity that arises. :)
"You don't want to go to the moathouse, instead?"

"No, we're good."
"Is there loot there?"

Dreamscape

Crafter of fine role-playing games
There was a time, back when dinosaurs ruled the earth and no one had yet heard of a book called Unearthed Arcana, when all-thief games were super-common, with player characters robbing every setting blind.

Thieves' Guild! 🥷

1674593983207.png

Remove ads