• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Will you make transsexual Elves canon in your games ?

Zardnaar

Legend
Almost all other animals only have sex seasonally. Humans (and bonobos) are the only species who have sex whenever they want because of *social* cooperative survival strategies.

This biological revolution entails fluidity in sexual orientation. Indeed, bonobos are fully bisexual.

Human sexuality is a phenomenon that scientists are still investigating. It is fascinating.

In situations where the opposite sex is unavailable, it would be impossible for bisexuality to occur, unless humans were biologically bisexual.

I don't regard people in extreme situations like prison as gay or bi sexual if they take a lover. Its whats available not what they have a choice of. I know one women who is more or less hetrosexual but takes women lovers instead due to what happened to her with an ex boyfriend. She craves someone to care for her but its not really her 1st choice but she takes whats available for her due to her back ground. She is to scared of the males and its a fling with the girls. Extreme situation not gonna stick a label on that.

Yaarel

Hurra for syttende mai!
Heh, logical fallacy of ‘a true Scotsman’ seems to be in play.

A ‘true’ bisexual would only have samesex sex if outside of prison.

We pretend the bisexuals who have samesex sex in prison, dont count as bisexuals.

Trans basically do not exist in any significant numbers (due to technology)although if someone cared enough I would let them quest to enable it via magic I suppose.

Why would trans people be less common due to technology? Trans is an identity where your gender doesn't match the physical sex you were born with. The ability to change that (via surgery) isn't a defining factor. Lots of trans people go for surgeries if they can, but many can't, and many choose not to. They're still trans.

Trans people have existed from the beginning, and many cultures even have "third genders" to represent them.

Zardnaar

Legend
Why would trans people be less common due to technology? Trans is an identity where your gender doesn't match the physical sex you were born with. The ability to change that (via surgery) isn't a defining factor. Lots of trans people go for surgeries if they can, but many can't, and many choose not to. They're still trans.

Trans people have existed from the beginning, and many cultures even have "third genders" to represent them.

Of course if that is your definition they exist. I meant actually transitioning they would not exist for the most part (very very very rare via magic sure). It has never really come up from a player or been an issue however its up to the player to sort that type of stuff out just don't expect me to RP it out if I am DMing. In general that type of stuff happens off camera though even with hetero PCs and players with female/male DM/players. Most of the time its find someone nice, get married or whatever and sometimes retire the PC if they want to settle down.

Last edited:

Of course if that is your definition they exist. I meant actually transitioning they would not exist for the most part (very very very rare via magic sure).

Okay, but that actually is the definition. Whether one has transitioned or not, or wants to transition or not, is separate from the trans identity.

I don't mean to sound like I'm picking on you, I just feel that people's identities and definitions are important, which makes the terminology by which they're referred to important.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Almost all other animals only have sex seasonally. Humans (and bonobos) are the only species who have sex whenever they want because of *social* cooperative survival strategies.
Dolphins too, I'm pretty sure.

Of course if that is your definition they exist.
There's no "your" about it, that's the definition.

I meant actually transitioning they would not exist for the most part (very very very rare via magic sure).
You say that like Alter Self isn't a 2nd level spell.

Zardnaar

Legend
Dolphins too, I'm pretty sure.

There's no "your" about it, that's the definition.

You say that like Alter Self isn't a 2nd level spell.

ALter self is temporary and yes magical.

Polymorph exists a well, once again not permanent. Permanent alteration that cant be dispelled maybe level 5 or 6 arcane spell for wizards? If someone really wanted to do it for whatever reason there is ways to enable it in game I suppose (spell research, finding a magic item).

Such things have always existed of course but I think people are projecting modern values etc onto places in time where things were not tolerated.

Hell one of the Kings of France had someone executed for sleeping with his 2 sisters, the crime was insulting the king. In Saudi Arabia in the 70's they executed some royals for having a heterosexual affair. Often you would have to be politically powerful or connected to be protected. There were exceptions of course and it varied by culture and time frame and how much money, power and influence one had as to what was acceptable or what you could get away with.

My history lecturer told me a story about a gay Knight, it was not accepted of course but it was kind of hush hush if challenged he would defend his honor and he won all of his fights so after a while people stopped calling him on it. I'm not denying anything always been there always well be can't wipe out even if you wanted to.

Basically you can find examples of people being executed for heterosexual "crimes" let alone gay or other things. Those ones are a lot easier to find. Ima cynic the world is an unfair and cruel place.

Last edited:

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
ALter self is temporary and yes magical.

Polymorph exists a well, once again not permanent. Permanent alteration that cant be dispelled maybe level 5 or 6 arcane spell for wizards? If someone really wanted to do it for whatever reason there is ways to enable it in game I suppose (spell research, finding a magic item).

My dude, if I could change my body a couple times a day for an hour at a time just by wiggling my fingers and chanting some latin, that'd get me through the day a hell of a lot more easily than going through puberty a second time.

S

Sunseeker

My dude, if I could change my body a couple times a day for an hour at a time just by wiggling my fingers and chanting some latin, that'd get me through the day a hell of a lot more easily than going through puberty a second time.

Puberty sucks. I think both sexes agree on that.

Also, I mean I just gotta ask: would a M->F or F->M player actually want to play a sex shifting character? I would assume they'd be more likely to play a character of the sex they transitioned into (or are transitioning into or want to be)? (Assuming they're going for a self-insert character.) Honestly asking.

Last edited:

5ekyu

Hero
In my games, changes for new products do not get added during an ongoing game unless all of these are true

it does not disrupt or invalidate existing characters and history.

A player including gm asks for it.

It passes a unanimous vote.

As gm i wont ask since it doesnt add anything that spawns new plots that link to pcs.

No player has yet asked.

So, no.

Next campaign, it will be a posdible inclusion.

Remove ads