• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wing and Sword: Chat et Souris (Prologue)

Barak

First Post
At the sound of the gunshots, Normand spinned, his rifle pointing backwards. Seeing Lavareaux coming to join the column, alone, he quickly catches on, and turns forward again, with a shrug.

"Always figured Lavareaux to be too lazy to carry a wounded man, eh Kerenin? I sure hope I never have to depend on him to carry me."

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
Marcel cringes at the sound of the pistol ringing out. I guess I should have expected that, he thought. All that morality they tried to hammer into me in med school down the drain.

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Pyotr Kerenin

Pyotr didn't flinch when the pistol shot rang out. He immediately knew what Duval meant by 'take care of the prisoner'. He looked at Normand, a half-smile on his face.

"With your accuracy and jumping around like that, I don't think there will be any of us left to carry you should you fall."

He nudged him on the shoulder. "You can't tell me you didn't expect that."

Barak

First Post
Normand looks at the ground for a second, and when he looks back up, his ears are a bit red.

"Nah Pierre, twas a lucky shot is all. And, well, I'm a tad heavy anyway.

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Pyotr Kerenin

Smiling, Pyotr replied. "Perhaps it was luck. Or perhaps you are what they call.. oh what is that word? ... A shark. Trying to show an old hand up."

Seeing the bigger man's ears change color, Pyotr quieted down. "I'm going to need a back up anyway in case I get taken down." His tone was more serious.

The Shaman

First Post
The legionnaires march for more than an hour across the desert plain. The terrain is flat, the footing alternating between sand and a sort of gravelly pavement. The stillness is broken only by the sound of the paratroopers’ boots on the ground and the occasional lizard scuttling through a small patch of dry grass. The sun is a white disk in the cloudless azure sky, shining relentlessly on the marching men as the morning cool becomes a distant memory.

Sergeant Duval finally calls a halt and orders the men to take a little water. The jumpmaster motions to Vidal and takes the radio handset. “Trident, this is Hourglass.” A pause. “Trident this is Hourglass.”

Vidal and Marcel hear the response over the sergeant’s shoulder. “Hourglass, this is Trident 1, we read you. How was your landing?”

“Trident 1, be advised we had contact on landing with two – repeat, two – fells on the DZ. One fell neutralized at contact; one captured and neutralized attempting to escape. Intelligence indicates you may have a patrol-in-strength to the north of your location.” Duval’s voice is steady, no hint of emotion.

There is a short silence. “Acknowledged, Hourglass. Casualties?”

“None, sir,” replies Duval. “Our location is grid 20 Echo 4.”

“Acknowledged, Hourglass. Stand-by.”

Search checks, please

знаток

First Post
Each time Vidal noticed he was settling into the march he jerked himself out of it, reminding himself that there were enemies in the area with deadly intentions. The weight of the radio on his back was becoming a little more noticeable, but it gave him a sense of confidence and strength at the same time.

This could be a long day, he thinks, or a long week...or month...or year. I guess I'll be glad to make it that long.

Search check: 6

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads