Wings of War

InzeladunMaster

First Post
Thanks everyone for playing Wings of War! I really enjoyed it. I like having uneven sides.

Congrats to Victor for shooting down Mark, and congrats to Bob for shooting down me. My personal thanks to Mark for helping me shoot down everyone at one point or another.

Grimhelm

First Post
I think they are getting better, my friend. Of course, they are more numerous too. Whatever it is, I had a lot of fun. I'm amazed we survived.

InzeladunMaster

First Post
Everyone is definitely getting better.

Congrats to Bob for shooting me down again! You do some amazing things in that Snipe.

Chris, the SE5a is definitely your plane. You flew it well. If it weren't for the explosion... If you want to order your own, the cards and maneuver deck for the SE5a come in the Dogfight expansion. I ordered mine here.

Although not an official Wings of War product, you can buy a 1/144th scale model (the same scale the WoW minis are) to make your own SE5a model from here. You just have to figure out how to attach the plastic altitude sticks to it so it stands on a base. You will still need the Dogfight expansion for the maneuver deck, though.

Last edited:

Grimhelm

First Post
I am going to check out the site with the buildable planes. Maybe we could order a few and paint them too, unless they come painted. It would be neat if we could find a site that sold just the bare models, much like the old Revel planes or the Testor models.

The next time we fly, I fear we must go up against 5 or 6 of them. I have heard that the Brits are commisioning more fodder for our guns. Alas for those daring young boys of England...

InzeladunMaster

First Post
I am going to check out the site with the buildable planes. Maybe we could order a few and paint them too, unless they come painted. It would be neat if we could find a site that sold just the bare models, much like the old Revel planes or the Testor models.

Yes. When we start our campaign idea, it would be nice to have some minis to go with some of the earlier planes (for which I only have cards), such as the Fokker Eindecker III and the Airco DH 2 pushers, both of which are available on that site, but not as official WoW miniatures.

The next time we fly, I fear we must go up against 5 or 6 of them. I have heard that the Brits are commisioning more fodder for our guns. Alas for those daring young boys of England...

Hmmm. I think we can take them! I wonder how we would do against three double gun planes...

Last edited:

InzeladunMaster

First Post
Here is a site that evidently sells what I was talking about:

Topgun Marketing LLC - aircraft models

I am considering placing an order with decals. Take a peek and maybe we can order together and save on shipping...

Yes, a lot of people in the WoW Yahoo group love those Reviresco models. I would like to have an SE5a and a Siemens-Schuckert D III, and a Halberstadt DII, and a paddle ball game, but I don't have any extra money for ordering right now.

Last edited:

Grimhelm

First Post
Well, let's create an inventory. If anyone else wants in on this, Vince and I are thinking of ordering bare bones minis and then having a paint day with them. Let us know if you have desires to order...

InzeladunMaster

First Post
If people are interested in this, here is a hard-to-navigate site which shows historic paint schemes: WINGS PALETTE

Find the airplane style on the left, then click which side you want, then click a page number and go through all the different paint schemes.

Of course, we can create our own as well.

Remove ads