• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WIP - Siege Crab (update - painted and done!)

Gospog

First Post
Wow!

That is just awesome!

Valanthe, I am totally jealous of your crabs!

Can't wait to see the painted pics!!!

-Tom

It's painted!

I have just finished painting it tonight. I am not sure I like the paint job. The model magic just didn't take the paint like I expected. But overall I am pleased with the results.

Here's the siege crab in it's habitat. The swamp was created by Scorch.

crab_day4_05.jpg

Here's the front view.

crab_day4_01.jpg

A close-up of the face.

crab_day4_02.jpg

top view.

crab_day4_03.jpg

bottom view and the hatch.

crab_day4_04.jpg

Thanks everyone for the kind words and hopefully someday I'll get to making another project.

- Val

:D

nyrfherdr

First Post
Valanthe,
Sorry you aren't happy with the paint job. I think it is excellent.
The model magic absorbed the paint didn't it. You could always seal it first with a varnish and then paint it, but I wouldn't at this point.

It looks great.
Thanks,
H

ledded

Herder of monkies
Reading Nryf's and Pogre's threads led me over here, and I just had to say a couple things Valanthe.

Holy. Freakin. Cow. That is some cool work. I am inspired to get off my butt and do some more with my modelling other than filling and modding a few things.

Damn. Double-damn, that's cool stuff.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Nifft said:
Just one question... will Bolo's mini fit in the little mouth? ;)

-- N
EVIL!!! You are Evil!

I not only did not get eaten but I tried to save the poor creatures. Unfortunatly Scorch and Aethramyr had other plans. But I should be able to get some cool armor out of the shells.

And on the topic of the "mini" It rocked. I had no idea it wasn't from WoTC until Val pointed it out to me.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
It's true... that I'm evil, and that the crab is freekin' gorgeous. :)

Glad it's seen some good use.

What are you going to do with it now?

-- N

Remove ads