A Wicked Kendragon
It goes:There's also the "Low and high for gold, to find a tale untold" riddle from Area 8. Back in the summer, Celebrim and Raven Crowking had essentially opposite interpretations of that one. Anybody want to try and parse it out now?
“Look low and high for gold, to hear a tale untold. The archway at the end, and on your way you’ll wend.”
Celebrim's interpretation was basically that it was about the arch in area 5, and that it was itself a puzzle (which it is).
RC's version was that it's about the gold sphere leading to area 11, and also a warning about the arch in area 10A.
Well, what golden things are there in the Tomb?
- The gold sphere in area 10, which leads to area 11.
- The gold (but plate over iron only) chest in the chamber of the three chests, with the snakes.
- The mace at the foot of the stairwell to the false crypt.
- The solid gold couch in the false crypt.
- Golden key halves in area 19.
- The tapestries in the agitated chamber. (they are both green and gold)
There are others, but they are so late it mostly likely has nothing to do with them.
I think RC's interpretation hits closest to home. There's both a golden thingy and an arch in area 10 (and the arch is 'at the end').
But whether the party realizes that the arch is a trap from the clue is another matter. As warnings go 'The archway at the end, and on your way you’ll wend' is as vague as you can get.