Wisdom bonus

1618940124520.png

Today I found out that I have five wisdom teeth. I'm not sure whether that makes me a mutant, and if so what my superpower is (although it probably involves eating), but I'm pretty sure it means my max WIS bonus is +5!

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Why do we real world mutants get such crappy powers? Mine is Central Heterochromia. At best it helps me make people uncomfortable, if I stare at them.
Huh. I didn't know that was rare. I have it, too. I also have Hypermobile EDS (Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome), which is a very annoying and often painful mutation.

Ryujin

Legend
Huh. I didn't know that was rare. I have it, too. I also have Hypermobile EDS (Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome), which is a very annoying and often painful mutation.
More rare to be born with it, as I was, than to develop it due to something like an infection. Bilateral heterochromia (two completely different coloured eyes) is even more rare. Mila Kunis developed it due to chronic inflammation in one eye that resulted in temporary blindness.

I hadn't heard of EDS before. Definitely sounds painful :(

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Why do we real world mutants get such crappy powers? Mine is Central Heterochromia. At best it helps me make people uncomfortable, if I stare at them.
Agreed. I don't even have the vestigial tailbone.

I mean... it is nice to be a rung up on the evolutionary path compared to most others, but it doesn't really provide me with anything other than those airs of superiority.

Mad_Jack

Legend

Heh... At the age of 48, I just recently started sprouting my one and only wisdom tooth.

My central heterochromia is pretty cool - a sunflower yellow starburst in the center, surrounded by an ice blue color laced with brown striations and a couple of random black dots, and a thin outer ring of grey...
eye4a.jpg

nbeye5aj

I've actually got a number of minor mutations - I think I may be an original edition Gamma World character, having rolled them all randomly, lol.
Aside from the heterochromia, I'm also double-jointed, have the natural ability to dislocate my thumbs at will, the ability to wiggle my ears, and an extra-dense knot of cartilage in one ear, although that last one's not particularly interesting.
On the downside, however, having been born severely tongue-tied, and with one foot turned outward fifteen degrees farther than the other hasn't been particularly beneficial... <rolls eyes>

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
Heh... At the age of 48, I just recently started sprouting my one and only wisdom tooth.

My central heterochromia is pretty cool - a sunflower yellow starburst in the center, surrounded by an ice blue color laced with brown striations and a couple of random black dots...
eye4a.jpg

nbeye5aj

I've actually got a number of minor mutations - I think I may be an original edition Gamma World character, having rolled them all randomly, lol.
Aside from the heterochromia, I'm also double-jointed, have the natural ability to dislocate my thumbs at will, the ability to wiggle my ears, and an extra-dense knot of cartilage in one ear, although that last one's not particularly interesting.
On the downside, however, having been born severely tongue-tied, and with one foot turned outward fifteen degrees farther than the other hasn't been particularly beneficial... <rolls eyes>
Cool :)

My father had blue eyes. My mother as green eyes. I ended up with an inner circle of green inside blue so people frequently say that I either have green or blue eyes, depending upon what colour clothes I'm wearing.

Mad_Jack

Legend
My father had blue eyes. My mother as green eyes. I ended up with an inner circle of green inside blue so people frequently say that I either have green or blue eyes, depending upon what colour clothes I'm wearing.

I have mine listed on my license as blue, but most people think they're grey or green depending on the light.

Remove ads