wish list for D20 Products

DDK

Banned
Banned
trancejeremy said:
I would like to see another company put out historical supplements, like Avalanche Press. I can stand their tacky covers, but the books are just way too short for the subject. I want 128 page books, mininum on things like Rome, Arthurian England (real or legendary), 3 Kingdoms era China, Ancient Greece, etc.

I'd like to see a semi-realistic, semi-plausible sci-fi game. I like Traveller, but it's not plausible. I like Fading Suns, but it's not realistic.

Maybe something like 2300 AD , only without the French as a major power (Europe, yes. But not France by itself. Bah)

Man, next time you're in a gaming store, check out the GURPS section. Forget the system, most of their source books have relatively little system info in them anyway, but they're GREAT for giving historical information in a roleplaying context. There are some duds, but on the whole, SJ Games makes excellent source books.

And I'd be SERIOUSLY surprised if they didn't have SOMETHING you wanted. They have a MASSIVE selection (something in the order of 300 books) and whatever you can't get through your gaming store, you can get from Warehouse 23 at SJ Games website.

Mystic Eye

First Post
bolen said:

I wish I knew what that meant Doug. :p

It is highly cryptic I know but if you stare into the eye long enough it will all become quite clear!

Also Bolen, you idea abount making this an on-going thing to feed us publishers about what you all want is fantastic.

Neo

Explorer
arnwyn said:

2) Rules for running a kingdom/barony/small realm (including natural resources, taxation, and population "general happiness")

totally agree on this one, Realms rules are sadly lacking in availability :( I would like them to be able to cover everything from running a business upto running an empire though. and with lots of add on rules to be able to make it as simple or complex a system as desired.

bolen

First Post
BUMP

Lets keep this going it seems to me that a thread like this is the best way to let publishers know what we want.

Tyberious Funk

First Post
I'd love to see a really well written and illustrated historical reference guide to weapons and armour that doesn't have to resort to cheap gimicky "impossible" weapons. Something that covers a variety of time periods and cultures.

I'd also like to see a good Mythos building guide book, a bit like the old Complete Priests Handbook (not that the CPH was that great) with obvious updates... including more domains. A good Mythos can be so important to a good homebrew game world.

For that matter, I'd like so good guides to helping me build an interesting and believable game world. Most of the stuff I've learnt has come from historical and genelogical reference material on the web. Combine some good reference material with actual game mechanics and I'd be a happy chappy.

Ace

Adventurer
bolen said:
what products would you like to see which are not out

Everyone last year made class books now the trend is publish race books. What areas are publishers ignoring?

I think that Mass combat is the big one.

I would like to see a Rennisance Era sourcebook, a better book on the Fae than we have seen yet (though the Avalanche one
is decent) and something combining the two

D20 Furries.

No I am not a Furry or a Furvert, but Cat Folk , Dog Folk and so on are cool

Oh yeah and Realm Rules preferably packaged with Mass Combat rules but make the mass combat fast and easy please

For Non Fantasy stuff I would like D20 Sci Fi, generic D20 space rules

Beyond that I am pretty swamped right now

JoeGKushner

First Post
For me:

Psion & Psychics: A dual WoTC book on Psions and Psycyhic Warriors that isn't just a collection of the web based material.

Mass Combat: I was really hoping Eden would hit this one on the head but hell, if Malhavok can do it, more power to Monte.

The Economic Order: Anyone who read the Primal Order series knows that this is a generic sourcebook that details one subject and does an excellent job of it. Way back when we were promised Economic and Military Orders to go with the Primal books but alas...

Of Rods and Rulership: A book on running a kingdom with variants for caste, merchant classes, different cultural statuses, etc... Maybe even a little like Aria in that you play more than one character. Families of characters? Clans? Something...

Historical: I'll pipe up and say, yea, Avalanche isn't doing the genre justice really. Books are too short and have very little meat to them.

Sanctuary d20? Nehwon d20? Hell, how about Eternal Champion D20? Give the Gm the tools he needs to incorporate the central themes to his own plot and forget about it. (Ah, if only Chaosim would lose that license...)

Black Company d20: Hell, I can dream right? ;-)

bolen

First Post
I'd love a near space hard space RPG like SJG's Transhuman Space.

I also would like a game set in a Mythic Europe (like Ars Magica)

Remove ads