• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wish Me Luck: I'm Reading the DM Guide Cover To Cover!

diaglo

Adventurer
Mark said:
I wish you luck! - Mark Clover (CreativeMountainGames.com)

what he said.

plus i wish you lots of coffee, no doze, or whatever it takes to stay awake enough to read one page to the next. -- diaglo

Gentlegamer

Adventurer
Hypersmurf said:
Nowhere near as many prostitutes, for a start!

trollop.jpg

-Hyp.
*clap* *clap* *clap*

Mercule

Adventurer
arscott said:
Did anybody read the 3.5 books cover to cover? and if so, why?

Yes. Because I read all my gaming books cover to cover (except for HERO, which reads like the dictionary). Most of them I've read cover to cover a couple of times -- or all least every chapter a couple of times.

In fairness, I usually skip any examples for PrCs and don't usually read "What is Roleplaying"/"What is D&D". The former annoy me, while I'm pretty sure I've got a grip on the latter after 23+ years. I also sometimes jump around a little bit. I might look at the feats first, for example. But I always read the entirety of a new book before it goes on the shelf.

I think "Sharn: City of Towers" is the only recent exception. I'm not currently running an Eberron game, and I picked up either "Complete Arcane" or "Complete Adventurer" (don't remember purchase order) which is immediately applicable. So, I'm about 75% of the way through the districts in Sharn.

Captain Tagon

First Post
Driddle said:
A thorough knowledge of the text comes in handy when one is arguing against the stupidity of gaming fundamentalists who quote DMG (and PHB) verses out of context for their own nefarious uses. I did the same thing after being left speechless when the ol' grump up the street quoted at me, "A die for a die."

And that one made a pretty sucktastic day just a little better. Seriously.

MonsterMash

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Dude...are you just quoting yourself everywhere now? New gimic? Kind of like referring to yourself in the Third Person?
As long as its not quoting yourself as Napoleon or Julius Ceaser (sp?) then it could be ok - Monster Mash.

punkorange

First Post
I read the three core books cover to cover when 3.0 came out, not done it since, although It probably wouldn't hurt to do the same to 3.5. I just find it tedious.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads