Witch preview is up

Obryn

Hero
The biggest news is this:

Some of the material in this chapter is for use with classes found in other books. The barbarian and the bard appear in Player's Handbook 2, the druid appears in Player's Handbook 2 and Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms, and the wizard material is for use with either the Player's Handbook or Heroes of the Fallen Lands.

Chapter 3 of Heroes of the Feywild includes the following material:

New powers for the barbarian, as well as alternate class features for the berserker subclass.
New powers for the bard, as well as alternate class features for the skald subclass.
New powers for the druid, as well as alternate class features for the protector subclass.
New powers for the wizard, as well as alternate class features for the witch subclass.

"O NOES WE WILL NEVAR SEE SUPORT FOR PBH2 AEDU CLASSES! MAH HPB2 IS OBSOLETED!"

-O

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Witches are solitary by nature, requiring little arcane instruction beyond the teachings of their familiar, and most prefer to keep their craft secret lest they be targeted by witch hunters.
Awesome, a built-in reason not to become an adventurer!

Vael

Legend
I love the picture of the witch using Foe to Frog on the Cyclops, it's pretty cool.

Overall, the Witch doesn't really excite me. It seems okay, but of the four subclasses in HoF, it's the one I'm least interested in.

Hussar

Legend
Haven't read the full article yet, but that Witch At will is very, very powerful. Prone+Slide+target cannot make OA's until the next round? Wow! Grant CA to everyone else, stop the target from moving next round and make it so that monkey piling a target costs nothing.

Isn't that a tad overpowered?

ForeverSlayer

Banned
Banned
witch receives the gift of arcane power from a patron
such as an archfey, a god, a devil, an angel, a demon,
or another powerful being.

Sounds like a Warlock to me.

Edit: Your very presence
unnerves and intimidates other creatures, which naturally
find your eldritch powers either awe-inspiring
or frightening.

Sounds more like a Warlock the more you read.

Obryn

Hero
Haven't read the full article yet, but that Witch At will is very, very powerful. Prone+Slide+target cannot make OA's until the next round? Wow! Grant CA to everyone else, stop the target from moving next round and make it so that monkey piling a target costs nothing.

Isn't that a tad overpowered?
Note the range :)

Also, it's vs. Fortitude.

-O

Remove ads