WotC Wizards D&D Japan releasing cool art.

To be fair to Lodoss: These are the Japanese editions of the Rules Cyclopedia, and Lodoss was ALREADY A THING in Japan by the time these were released.

It's far more likely that these character designs were created to cash in on the designs from Lodoss, not the other way around.
Oh, certainly. That's what I was expecting.

I guess after the comingsoon action-live movie of D&D then some videogames studios and manga publishers will want to join the trend, at least to try breaking more into the western market. Some old franchises could be republished in a reimaginated way for an easier adaptation to the D&D rules. Even they could create their own new classes or PC lineages, or a recycled/updated version of old ideas.

But they creation of a TTRPG world is different, because usually in the fantasy sagas after the main character defeat the bad guys and the world is saved then this become a peaciful place...but too boring for the sequel. D&D worlds are created for lots of parallel stories.

Sword World, the Japanese rival of D&D still is being published. I wonder if the rise of D&D could affect the popularity of SW, for example promoting the publishing of a 3rd Ed, with a sourcebook about the faerie-tamer class as a rip-off of collectable-monster-pet trainer(style Pokemon or Digimon)

And Western publishers can also publish their own amerimanga fantasy title.

607621638.jpg

Sword World 2.5 Playable Races Introduction

Remove ads