• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wizards Fall Catalogue

RavinRay

Explorer
pukunui said:
Isn't there a brown dragon in FR? Lives in the Shining South or something?
Yep, there's that flightless desert-living brown dragon (as if deserts aren't already crowded with blues and brasses) though it's located in Raurin rather than down south, where yet another flightless desert dragon, the rattelyr, lives.

I wonder how they chose those three colors.

Wisdom Penalty

First Post
I really dislike the fact they're releasing a book-a-month. I think that's too much, and - if I may be so melodramatic - will kill 4E just like the glut of splat killed 3E.

What's wrong if the 1E model: MM, PHB, DMG, and a bunch o' modules. Then - BAM! - Unearth Arcana pops out, and it's a singular event.

Bah. I'm getting grumpy I guess. Forgive me.

Wis

Wisdom Penalty said:
What's wrong if the 1E model: MM, PHB, DMG, and a bunch o' modules. Then - BAM! - Unearth Arcana pops out, and it's a singular event.

The fact that, in today's market, that model won't support the game.

It's a simple fact--regular sourcebooks make the line profitable. A primary focus on adventures does not.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Mouseferatu said:
The fact that, in today's market, that model won't support the game.

It's a simple fact--regular sourcebooks make the line profitable. A primary focus on adventures does not.

Yeah -- these days, one book a month IS a trickle; regular splats is the norm for most companies over a certain size, that I can see.

Atreides

First Post
Donovan Morningfire said:
Any chance the OP could list any Star Wars RPG items that were listed in the catalog? Scum & Villainy is already known about thanks to Amazon, but curious to see if there's any other SW books slated for year's end.

I can certainly post something tomorrow should be up by noon CST.

WheresMyD20

First Post
So much crunch, so little time. Any chance that all this new material will be well thought out and properly playtested before it hits the shelves?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads