• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wizards of the Coast LAYOFFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerguru

First Post
Whats up with this? GamingReport is reporting more layoffs at WotC..... Whoa! What is wrong with the guys at the head of WotC? Is it that bad?

Check it out its posted as their top story-

GamingReport

Theron

Explorer
Ignore the other thread on this

Gamerguru and I posted on the same topic simultaneously. I've edited mine to direct folks up here.

EricNoah

Adventurer
This doesn't sound like good news at all. Hopefully the damage will be spread out enough to not hurt D&D. GamingReport is somehow connected to Ryan Dancey so my guess is that they did in fact get reliable information.

I cringe to think that things *could* in fact get worse when we thought they couldn't.

Lisa Nadazdy

First Post
Hmmmmm... maybe it's time to rally the crew and raid WotC. Even if we don't loot much treasure, we can at least keelhaul Dancey...:cool:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
This doesn't surprise me at all. With Pokemon sinking and MtG flat, I think WotC was hoping for Harry Potter to step in. It probably isn't meeting projections, so they're doing the responsible thing and laying off people before they get into serious straits.

I'd be surprised if D&D is seriously impacted. It's one of the areas of the company that continues to be doing quite well, according to my friends at WotC.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Lisa Nadazdy said:
Hmmmmm... maybe it's time to rally the crew and raid WotC. Even if we don't loot much treasure, we can at least keelhaul Dancey...:cool:

Uh Lisa maybe you missed it but Mr. Dancey hasn't worked for WotC since August. ;)

I am not surprised. It sounds like WOTC expanded way too much based on the profits from what in the end was a fad card game. Sure it was a very profitable card game but it is still pretty much a fad item.

At least that is my opinion.

On a side not take a look at things.

PHB - Out
DMG - Out
MM - Out
FRCS - Out
PsiHB- Out
MOP - Out

The true core books are all out now. 3E is here in full and I doubt the large staff needed to get 3E out quickly and effectively are needed for the daily work of just putting out new products. There is only so often that 350 page hardcovers can be put out before people stop buying them. Do you really want WOTC to keep all those people and put them to work by putting out things like 3E Dungioneers Survival Guide or the Wilderness Survival Guide?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads