WotC Wizards Presents: August 18th, MTG and D&D announcements

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone

Wizards Presents was announced for August 18th, where there will be announcements for both Magic the Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons. Considering the two are being marketed together, seems likely it will announce more D&D sets for Magic the Gathering, but there may be an announcement of D&D Books that use some Magic the Gathering IP.

Parmandur

Book-Friend

Wizards Presents was announced for August 18th, where there will be announcements for both Magic the Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons. Considering the two are being marketed together, seems likely it will announce more D&D sets for Magic the Gathering, but there may be an announcement of D&D Books that use some Magic the Gathering IP.
So, two days after Spelljammer is available. A good time to unveil some details on the Dragonlsnce products. A Magic product would make sense as a wildcard D&D book on top of what we know about. Kamigawa would make a lot of sense, and have zero direct overlap with Spelljammer, Exandria, or Dragonlance.

I expect there will also be more announcements for the D&D movie (maybe D&D TV shows too) and BG3.

Maybe they will announce all of 2023's major D&D releases by quarter like they do with MtG.

Looks like you were beaten to the punch by about an hour or so. @Morrus or @Umbran do these need a merger or not enough posts in both to be worth it? I am not sure the rules for suggesting/requesting one.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Looks like you were beaten to the punch by about an hour or so. @Morrus or @Umbran do these need a merger or not enough posts in both to be worth it? I am not sure the rules for suggesting/requesting one.

I think this calls for a dance battle.

The italic letters were to show I was kidding, but there may be a little piece of truth. Oficially a licenced LEGO version of Transformers has been announced. This means a partnership deal between Hasbro and LEGO, and maybe the first step for new products. I love to tell this type of speculations, but I dare to say there is an opened door for the future. Spelljammer, Stryxhaven and Witchlight could be adapted to LEGO. These franchise are freakly exotic to catch our atention, but enough family-friendly.

Remove ads