• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wizards product page updated 1/25/11

Lezta

Explorer
Yeah, I think WotC want to find a way to get players to actually give them money (online CB, DDi sub etc) because traditionally, they don't. This is the case with almost all RPGs and I think they're being a bit foolish trying to change it.

Dice4Hire

First Post
Yeah, I think WotC want to find a way to get players to actually give them money (online CB, DDi sub etc) because traditionally, they don't. This is the case with almost all RPGs and I think they're being a bit foolish trying to change it.

They seem to be successful with DDI at least.

Yup... out of my group, only me and the other DM buy books, and only I have a DDI subscription.
And let´s be honest... what do you expect?

It is a big investment, and when you depend on someone DMing, why should you bother buyong books...

it is much more helpful to have a DDI subscription and take parts in hosting the game. This is much more help than owning your own books.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads