Spelljammer [Wizkids] Spelljammer miniatures pre-order online

R_J_K75

Legend
I'm guessing these are larger scale minis? I didn't see any descriptions though. I'd be interested if these are smaller and sold either individually or as packs per ship type, for example 4-6 Galleons, so you could build fleets. But at $63 a set that includes a few in most sets I have no interest in I'll pass. Just too expensive IMO, & disappointing.

I'm guessing these are larger scale minis? I didn't see any descriptions though. I'd be interested if these are smaller and sold either individually or as packs per ship type, for example 4-6 Galleons, so you could build fleets. But at $63 a set that includes a few in most sets I have no interest in I'll pass. Just too expensive IMO, & disappointing.
I want/need a fleet of illythid nautiloids. I would pay $60 for 4 of those (and buy 12 for $180) but I don't need all the ships...the lack of werewolf ships perturbs me

Mezuka

Hero
The price is high. I think they are pre-painted which raises the cost compared to unpainted miniatures. I'm debating if I'll get any at that price.

R_J_K75

Legend
The price is high. I think they are pre-painted which raises the cost compared to unpainted miniatures. I'm debating if I'll get any at that price.
I dont recall buying and WizKids minis before, are they hand painted or are they similar to the ones WotC put out years ago? Sculpts and painting wasn't great but at least they were affordable.

Mezuka

Hero
I dont recall buying and WizKids minis before, are they hand painted or are they similar to the ones WotC put out years ago? Sculpts and painting wasn't great but at least they were affordable.
Those were horrible. Soft plastic and sh!t paint job. Bought them by the case of random booster packs! LOL

The new sculpts are much better (computer drawn), the plastic is good quality and the painting is better.

R_J_K75

Legend
Those were horrible. Soft plastic and sh!t paint job. Bought them by the case of random booster packs! LOL

The new sculpts are much better (computer drawn), the plastic is good quality and the painting is better.
I remember. Some sets were better than others but generally trash. I think in this case with ships Id prefer unpainted singles then so I can pick and choose what I want to buy. Come on, asteroids? Seems like a waste of 3 minis here. I can spray paint a ball of masking tape for $3 and get the same effect.

Remove ads