[WLD+UA] Using all the variant rules.

(un)reason

Legend
In unearthed arcana, they give a considerable selection of alternate rules, (most of which appear in various D20 games) such as WP/VP, spell points, armor as damage conversion/reduction, bell cuve rolls, etc. They say that there is no way that you could use all of them in a single campaign, especially as some of the variants are mutualy exclusive. However, I've just had an idea that might do this workably. The Worlds Largest Dungeon is divided into 16 sections, each of which has a different feel. To keep players on their toes, I'll apply a different set of optional rules to each section, (apart from section A, which will work on standard 3.5 rules so as to lure them into a false sense of security.), so physics works differently in each one.

So what I want help on, is figuring out all the specifics of which sets of variant rules to apply to each section. Some guidelines.

I want to use each variant rule in the book at least once.

No two sections the same.

Rules that are not mutualy exclusive such as variant classes and races are all considered to be on all the way through.

Try and be ironicly appropriate to the theme of the area.

Last edited:

Remove ads