WOIN N.E.W. Space Opera [OOC]...

Shayuri

First Post
Oops, I rolled money wrong because I'm doofy. [roll0]

Can the 'Android Repair' exploit be used by an android on itself? It does say 'adjacent mechanoid.'

Last edited:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around character creation. Do we actually have someone who will be the pilot? I am deciding on my careers. I can move things around if we don't have someone who can fly our ship.

GreenKarl

First Post
Can the 'Android Repair' exploit be used by an android on itself? It does say 'adjacent mechanoid.'

I don't see anything that says you can't so long as your Android is not 'unconscious'

I'm still trying to wrap my head around character creation. Do we actually have someone who will be the pilot? I am deciding on my careers. I can move things around if we don't have someone who can fly our ship.

Depends on what Shayuri's Android is taking BUT right now. If you really want to go all fighter pilot route I can adjust the adventures for that. But I would suggest then being a pilot like the old Space Above & Beyond show were, so your a hot shot pilot and hero of the war BUT they still send you on grunt-ground missions ;) so you have to be handy with a pistol or rifle.

Oh and if you need any help with the Character Creation walk through let me know...

Shayuri

First Post
At the minute, I do have some Pilot skill, but I am by no means specialized in it.

And honestly, if you want to pilot, I could probably use more focus on other things. :)

I don't want to specialize as a pilot but figured someone needs to be able to fly the ship. Right now I am thinking a talent with 2 ranks of Battlepsyche a rank of intelligence officer and a rank of space jockey. Concept was a latent psychic who got picked up by a shadow group and trained as a spy/killer. He broke out of whatever control they had over him and fled on the first ship he could find. Been hopping around on ships ever since. As a Space Jockey I can take pilot or engineer and was trying to see which would be best for the group.

I'm also noticing that it is better to specialize in this system then being a jack of all trades. I've had to redo skills and such to get good dice pools. Also will need to move things around if I need to be the pilot as my agility is sub par currently.

Shayuri

First Post
To lend some clarity, here's what I have so far:

[sblock=Android]Strength 5 2d6
Agility 9 3d6
Endurance 4 2d6
Willpower 3 2d6
Intuition 5 2d6
Logic 11 4d6
Charisma 4 2d6
Reputation 1 1d6
Luck 3 2d6

Health: 17
Speed: 4
Jump: 10' horiz, 10' vert
Carry: 90lbs
Initiative: 3d6
Defense
- Melee: 14 (4d6)
- Ranged: 14 (4d6)
- Vital: 10 (2d6)
- Mental: Immune

Attacks:
- Unarmed: 4d6 (1d6+2)
- Ranged:

Skills
Astrogation 1 - 1d6
Computers 2 - 1d6
Dodging 1 - 1d6
Engineering 2 - 1d6
Electronics 1 - 1d6
Gunnery 1 - 1d6
Martial Arts 1 - 1d6
Piloting 1 - 1d6
Pistols 1 - 1d6
Reactions 1 - 1d6
Zero-G 1 - 1d6

Exploits:
Free
- Aim
- System Upgrade (Universal; gain additional Android feature)
Species
- Mindless (immune to mental defense effects)
- Deterministic (Cannot spend LUC dice to gain bonus dice on attribute checks)
- Vulnerable to electric (1d6) and ionic (2d6) damage
- Does not eat, sleep or breathe, +100% weight
- Organic Appearance (somewhat humanlike appearance; not confusable)
- Armored (5 Soak, -1 SPD, wgt multiple 2x rather than 1.5x)
Career
- Service Droid - Unsuspicious (+1d6 to bluff, decieve or access ambush turn) 2 years
- Space Jockey - ? (?) 5 years
- Engineer - Android Repair (Action to heal 1d6 Health to adj mechanoid 1/day) 4 years
- Pilot - Evasive Flying (add AGI pool to ship DEFENSE when piloting) 5 years
- Bounty Hunter - Datamining (locate what planet a target is on using computer access to public records) 1 year

Gear
Credits: 220[/sblock]

Basically, the android is capable of flying, astrogating, repairing, and firing shipboard weapons. It's also got some basic combat skill. In terms of exploits, it has some handy abilities, though my plan is to revise that list to some extent.

I'm also pondering the idea of the Hacker origin. So this list is not final by any means, but gives an idea of where I am now.

mfloyd3

Explorer
OK, thanks, I'll try and find time to put something together this weekend.

My thinking is to build a Reacher, someone who came to the Reach as a child in the first wave of colonization 20 years ago and has led a hardscrabble existence since. He or she had been a spacefarer before, made some money and settled down. But they have since lost everything, either through an alien raid or as a result of the economic disruption of the war. They're back in space, bitter with the Union for not taking care of its people, and looking to just pick up a paycheck from this damned job.

Remove ads