WOIN N.E.W. Space Opera [OOC]...

hero4hire

Explorer
The setting sounds pretty cool! I am not currently looking to buy a new system. So I wont WOIN, but if it is in a system I have I'd love to play.

tglassy

Adventurer
WOIN is awesome, and simple enough for players. There are some wonderful mechanics that I’ve brought over to other systems, like the countdown.

GreenKarl

First Post
Well if I used Savage Worlds I would probably just use the same setting but there does not seem to be super interest in this right now. Maybe giving some more time...

GreenKarl

First Post
Well it all depends on what system it seems- Two have expressed interest in WION and one in Savage Worlds :) I am cool with both. What system are you most interested in??

GreenKarl

First Post
Cool... I think with 3 people we would have enough to give it a good. I don't think I had any extra rules or anything for Character Creation. Everyone make up a standard character, but with the final thoughts about having joined the Regulators recently. Psionics exists. The setting is TL9 and most gear that you have access too is considered Sci Fi (Genre B) with a fair mix of Space Opera (Genre C) added around the fringes. You can play any Species listed in the WION book that you want and go through the career systems as normal.

At the end the company you work for will supply you access to a ship and certain basic gear (I need to hammer that out but probably some kind of Mesh Lining suit that has some environmental protection added on it and probably a Blaster Pistol) just too keep that in mind.

tglassy

Adventurer
Wonderful! I’ll write something up.

Currenly wanting to try a Star Knight. Since I don’t get to play WOIN often (read: never), I might not get another chance. But I’ll take a look and make a final decision.

GreenKarl

First Post
Sounds good. I am thinking that they are considered by most other civilized folk are weirdos who go around talking about some universal divine will while wearing heavy robes and carrying laser swords. I kind of want their origins to be tied to the Venetian, and that no matter your species, you probably spent some time on one of their controlled worlds training. I guess I kind of want to treat them or see them something like psychic Rangers from Babylon 5, but I am not tied to this and if you want to treat your character differently you can

Remove ads