WOIN WOIN needs some love

M3woods

Explorer
I've been doing some thinking on ways to help increase awareness of the What's O.L.D. is N.E.W. system and I've come to the realization that there aren't nearly enough reviews around the 'net. I've decided to see if I could change that a bit. Reviews are easy and help sell a system to someone who might be a little on the fence about a purchase. So, starting today, everyone go out and write a review for any WOIN product you've purchased, then come back to this post and share a link to your review. At the beginning of next month, around the 3rd, I'll choose someone randomly from all those that post a link and send that person a copy of the WOIN Gamemaster's Screen.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

M3woods

Explorer
Great idea, and thanks! I think any actual plays and/or play reports and such would help get the word out as well.
That would work, too. I'm not especially familiar with other gaming sites where one might post play reports/story hour. Any suggestions?

Brian I

First Post
I think posting it via social feeds would be one way to go. I like Google+ myself, and WOIN’s pretty non existent there. Just having people talking about their games, campaigns, what they’re enjoying would help, I’d think.

Rpg.net is popular with some folks. I think most WOIN content logically goes on the EnWorld forum, but if you’re not already looking for it or on the site, it’s under the radar.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Twitter would be good (#woinrpg). Streams are super good; there’s a couple out there. Reviews are great especially if not just on RPGNow. Fan sites and fan content is awesome. Articles are awesome.

Vampifan

Explorer
I run my own blog dedicated to WOIN, see here - https://vampifanwoin.blogspot.com/
However I am more than happy to help out in any way I can. I do agree that WOIN should have more coverage. Oddly enough, I was planning on posting reviews of three of the latest N.E.W. supplements on my blog - The Moons of Boria, The Holds of Vendalyr and the Starship Recognition Manual.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases