• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WOO HOO!!! ENWorld is Back!!!

Jack of Shadows

First Post
OK,

Some of you folks are probably confused but this is the first time I've been able to connect to ENworld since the 17th of April. For some reason a server somewhere in the US decided to disconnect me from the one site I visit every day. Some of the more canny will realize this was the same day Paizo announced that WotC were taking their ball and going home. Needless to say I have suffered a lot over the last month without an ability to vent my disgust at the cancellation of Dragon and Dungeon, and to mourn their demise with my community.

All I can say is I'm SO happy to be back. WOO HOO!!!!

Jack.

Was the server that was giving you problems located at neotech.us, by any chance? Cos if so, there's a long, looong thread in meta where us Aussies whine about it blocking us as well!

Last edited:

Jack of Shadows

First Post
humble minion said:
Was the server that was giving you problems located at neotech.us, by any chance? Cos if so, there's a long, looong thread in meta where us Aussie whine about it blocking us as well!

Yep,

That's the one. A number of us here in Toronto were blocked.

Jack

Jack of Shadows said:
Yep,

That's the one. A number of us here in Toronto were blocked.

Jack

In that case, sadly I'll have to warn you not to get used to your newfound ENWorld-accessiness! It's been going up and down for us for well over six months now, often down for weeks at a time. There's nothing the mods can do at this end, and neotech doesn't answer their support email address. Be prepared for frustration...

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Since you are from Toronto ...

Instead of looking at the Aussie thread in Meta, check in on rycanada's thread in meta. Much the same content, just geographically specific to you! :D

Glad to hear that you can get to EN World again. I went through a period of a couple of months where I could only reach EN World from home via a proxy server so you have my sympathies. Hopefully the problem has been sorted out for good.

Olaf the Stout

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
Wow, add me to the list of people shouting "whoooooooo!" I had to use a free proxy server using ENworld in the past couple of months, and posting was totally impossible (as you can see from my post count). I hope like hell it will keep working now - there are too many good threads i want to respond to. Oh, and looking at attachments will be fun, too. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads