Work in progress: The Lady of Crows -- UPDATED

Klaus

First Post
Thanks for the kind words.

The next update (probably final) will have details on how the different races see the Lady, and I'll try to catch all typos.

Anyone have any request of material they'd like to see included?

Klaus

First Post
Okay, here's the full thing. I avoided adding crunch on purpose, even if I had ideas about it.

Attachments

• lady_of_crows.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 151

As someone who wrote some dark fantasy and scifi in the heyday of d20, I got to say, nice background text.

They art is nice too, and I like your work making the playmap look so much like the WotC ones!

Overall, it would have been a sale quality product!

alleynbard

First Post
Really nice article. Great fluff.

This doesn't reflect on the quality at all, but when I came upon Orco the Demon I couldn't stop laughing. I know why you did it, but all I could imagine was a little demon with no face, a robe, a wide brimmed hat, and an O on his chest.

http://seemedlikeagoodideathetime.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/orco.jpg

Like I said, I know you did it for IP reasons, it was just amusing. It really was likely the best way to do it and keep the idea of who you were trying to reference.

Brilliant job and I hope to see more. The Raven Que....I mean, the Lady of Crows, is my favorite deity introduced with 4e. You did some justice to her.

Klaus

First Post
Really nice article. Great fluff.

This doesn't reflect on the quality at all, but when I came upon Orco the Demon I couldn't stop laughing. I know why you did it, but all I could imagine was a little demon with no face, a robe, a wide brimmed hat, and an O on his chest.

http://seemedlikeagoodideathetime.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/orco.jpg

Like I said, I know you did it for IP reasons, it was just amusing. It really was likely the best way to do it and keep the idea of who you were trying to reference.

Brilliant job and I hope to see more. The Raven Que....I mean, the Lady of Crows, is my favorite deity introduced with 4e. You did some justice to her.
Do I mentione Orco's ladyfriend Drielle?

:D

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Re: map: well, I did dungeon dressing counters for Fiery Dragon's Battlebox, which are of WotC-level quality. Grab 'em if you find 'em!

I know I said this was the final version of the article, but if I get the itch I'll add mechanics for non-Divine Lady of Crows followers.

Pour

First Post
Are you certain you can't just use the name Orcus? Golarion has an Orcus and they don't seem concerned about it. I thought he fell within the realm of established mythological somebodies, thus unable to be copyrighted.

To be honest, I think I like the name Lady of Crows better than the R.Q,. I'd love to see your take on the other gods.

Klaus

First Post
Well, Orcus certainly isn't copyrighted, and "Orco" is actually the Portuguese/Spanish spelling of "Orcus".

I might do another of these on the Platinum Dragon. His D&Dg article was really lacking.

Speaking of my takes, since I just did the Lady of Crows, here's my take on Orcus, based on the actual description in the MM:

40283d1243279126-poll-all-polls-orcus_gargantuan.jpg

Remove ads