I will soon start a campaign for Hunter the Reckoning, a game that I have for years and never actually tried to play, and I would like advices and feedbacks from anyone who might be interested in helping me with creating house rules and settings.
First of all, it will not be played in its original system. In the first adventure (I prefer to use classical terms instead of "story", "chronicle", etc.), I intend to use the Fate Condensed rules plus some adaptations to create mechanics similar to those of HtR itself. I'm looking for suggestions regarding mechanics for:
- Specially something to mimic the gambling rule.
- Virtues and Creeds
- I think I will make these modular, in the sense that Virtue points will be extras, and not related to skills.
- I think the edges won't be a problem, but I wish to create an interesting mechanic to acquire new Edges and Virtues similar to the original one.
- In HtR, weaponry are an essential element. I would like a mechanic that helps to value the wide variety of weapons available to players.
- Lethal/Aggravated damage
- Actually, there isn't rules for aggravated rules in HtR, as it does in all the other Storyteller games. But this is only to emphasize the difference between bashing and lethal damage, which are much more intense for humans than for supernatural beings.
- Thus, I want to use a mechanic to represent damage that are extremely deadly. Probably damage that can't be absorbed with stress, bur only with Consequences?
- I collected texts from Wikipedia and Wikitravel to study about Singapore history, geography, culture and stuff to enrich the setting.
- Any suggestions of a better source?
- I have seen pieces of information about Singapore in Kindred of the East, but they were heavily influenced by the (lack of) information available in the 90s.
- Is there somewhere I could look for ideas regarding the World of Darkness in Singapore?
- Suggestions regarding clans, tribes, traditions that would be cool there?
- How about other games?
- Folklore, ghost stories, etc?
Thinking of that, I need to think about what kind of creature would be fun to be found where in Singapore. Like:
- Would vampires prefer to have their headquarters in Sentosa?
- Is Little India a nice place for Mages to settle?
- What about werewolves trying to destroy Jurong?
- Where is the best place to haunt with ghosts or zombies??
So if anyone would like to help me, I would really appreciate. If I have good feedbacks, I will update the status of my campaign here (none of my players speak English or even is into RPG enough to have an account on En World's community forum).