• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World's Largest Dungeon

Kafkonia

First Post
Approaching the open doorway, Carolina listens intently but hears no activity coming from the room on the other side. A search of the doorway reveals no traps, and she motions for Jerolan that it is safe to enter.

Jerolan steps inside the room and makes an assessment of the room -- it is completely empty and otherwise indistinguishable from the room they have just seen, about 25 feet to a side. To the north is another open doorway, possibly the only exit. Satisfied that the room poses no threat, he signals for his compatriots to follow him, which they do.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Followed the directions in post #107. Carolina Listen check 4+7 = 11; Search check 2+6=8. Jerolan Listen check 2+2=4; Spot check 2+0=2.

My apologies for the delay in posting.[/SBLOCK]

wmasters

First Post
"It seems doubtful, but the creatures here must eat something, so I am sure we can cook something up. And if someone had the forethought to bring herbs then almost anything can be made into a hearty meal.

A quick scan of the room, and Aswan moves to the door ahead of them. "Carolina? he asks, waiting for her testing.

Boddynock

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Should we be searching for secret doors in each room? It would slow the party's progress down but we, the players, could include it in our protocol without any additional delay. So the pattern would be something like this: search for traps, listen at the door, enter the room, deal with any inhabitants, search for secret doors ... What do you think?[/sblock]

wmasters

First Post
[sblock=ooc: ]I'm inclined to say we shouldn't be searching for secret doors. To me, it always seems like an odd thing to do - unless you have reason to suspect there's a secret door somewhere (I know the wizard's hidden the amulet of ultimate power here somewhere...) it seems like spending a lot of time staring at a wall on the off chance that it's not actually a wall. To me it always seems a little unbelievable, and incredibly boring...[/sblock]

Kafkonia

First Post
As Aswan approaches the doorway, he sees motion from the other side. At first he dismisses it as the flickering of shadows cast by Baeril's torch, but the rising tide of squeaking and the sound of claws against the stone floor convinces him otherwise. To his surprise, a swarm of vicious-looking rats spills into the room, washing over him!

Initiative
24: Jerolan slashes at the swarm twice, but does little if any damage.
20: Thorg approaches the swarm and swats it soundly with his mace.
18: Swarm washes over Aswan, clawing and biting at him.
16: Baeril holds his action until after Carolina.
15: Carolina
14: Baeril's new action.
6: Aswan (-3)

[SBLOCK=Map]

Here is a very small map. :) = is the wall; D is the door.

As Aswan comes at the end of the initiative order and the whole room is only 5 squares per side, I will let you all decide where you wish to be for the start of the round -- except for Aswan, who must be at the door.

===D===
= AS =
= TSS =
= J =
= =
= =
===D===
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=OOC]
Jerolan 12+2=14, hit, 4 points of damage; 19+2 and threatens, 10+2 does not confirm, 2 points of damage.

Thorg 20+3 threatens, 19+3 confirms; 13 points of damage.

Swarm automatically deals 3 points of damage.

Aswan's Fortitude Save: 19+4; resists infection.
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

wmasters

First Post
Aswan lets out a cry as the rats approach him, frantically trying to kick them away trusting that the heel of his sandals will persuade them that he is not an easy meal.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Thorg looks at the oncoming swarm with confusion, and quickly looks back into his sling. "What? Are these friends of yours, rat? Could you tell them to stop, please? They're scaring Aswan, and we really don't want to have to smack them."

Kafkonia

First Post
The rat in Thorg's sling squeaks indignantly and hides from the approaching swarm within the folds of fabric. Thorg thinks his rat is far more handsome than the ones scurrying towards him.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads