• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Worst character possible

lonelynoose

First Post
You'll have a good time. Every time I've made an intentionally flawed character it has brought out great ideas and roleplaying.

The Rogue with flatulence made me chuckle.

Pauln6

Hero
We did some thing like this in 2e. We ended up with:

- A half mad half elf Bard who had been trapped in a magic mirror for decades, constantly sang love songs, and fell in love with every woman he saw.
- A snivelling thief who was also a pyromaniac and only signed on to get out of jail time.
- A knife-wielding maniac with shape shifting powers as his father had been a were rat.
- A lazy noble with a massive hammer who lacked the charm and common sense to be a paladin.
- A half-elf (drow) amnesiac who was actually an altered clone of Eclavdra.
- An incredibly ancient wizard who had been a monk in his youth with lower strength than his weasel familiar.
- A Tiger Nomad illusionist. Nothing wrong with him apart. From being an illusionist in 2e...

Gardens & Goblins

First Post
Agoraphobic Tortle Bard.

Hide in your shell all the time. Charm others to carry you. Insist the acoustics are simply better in there.

Bonus points for bag pipes.

CTurbo

Explorer
Beastmaster Ranger with a Quipper as his companion. He has to carry it around in a glass fish bowl.

But seriously, HOW do you mean create the worst character? You can make a Barbarian with 8 Str, 8 Dex, 8 Con, 15 Int, 15 Wis, and 15 Cha if you want to, and I promise you he would be terrible.

There are too many ways to make a terrible character with stat allocation alone.

CTurbo

Explorer
Roll 6d20 and keep the results in order and build your character around that. Here are some examples.

17+1 Str, 17+1 Dex, 16 Con, 1 Int, 8 Wis, 20 Cha

I'm a naked vhuman Frenzy Barbarian with the tavern brawler feat at level 1. I'm not smart enough to use a weapon or be any other class than barbarian. I probably sleep on the floor or even outside, but man am I good looking and liked by all. Basically a human puppy dog lol

6 Str, 16 Dex, 17+1 Con, 6 Int, 7+1 Wis, 20+2 Cha

Bella, the Half-Elf Bard, is possibly the most beautiful creature the world has ever seen, but she's dumber than a box of nails.

10+2 Str, 20 Dex, 12 Con, 14 Int, 4 Wis, 5+1 Cha

He's a Dragonborn with no name that was raised in captivity by a Red Dragon. He eventually escapes using his stealth and self taught ability to pick a lock. Never experiencing contact from the outside world, he is smart, but ignorant, and does not know how to speak. I imagine he would be pretty disgusting but also really gullible.

Oh yeah he would be a Rogue Thief.

Anyway, the roll 6d20 method is pretty fun.

Grung GOO pact chainlock with a Slaad Tadpole (variant rule that lets you get a tiny monster as a familiar if you can con your DM into it). Flaw is that he thinks becoming a Slaad is the highest thing anyone can aspire to, so he offers to infect people he likes with the tadpole, and refuses to use it against anyone he doesn't respect in combat.

Remove ads