• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WoT Adventure] Turn 4

drothgery

First Post
Pedron paced outside the inn. He had not seen any sign of someone watching them, and he had a good eye for such things. It was hard to steal from people who knew you were there, after all. But then he saw someone.

More a filthy pile of rags than a man, whoever it was walked right to Pedron.

<from the book style="tweak-level: mild;">
"That lieutenant from the Guard sent me for you and your friends," croaks the beggar. He turns to point, extending a clawlike hand toward the gates of the New City. "He bids you join him -- I will take you there.
</from the book>

Last edited:

dscrank

First Post
Pedron looks hard at the beggar. The Lieutenant sent him? Why would he send a beggar rather than one of his soldiers. [Sense motive check?] Pedron trusts beggars even less than he trusts most people. True, just about anyone will sell you out for the right price, but beggars are cheap. He decides a simple bluff would be in order. "It's about time we heard from him. I was getting impatient with this Lieutenant... What was his name again?"

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
dscrank said:
Pedron looks hard at the beggar. The Lieutenant sent him? Why would he send a beggar rather than one of his soldiers. [Sense motive check?]

<your check was successful>

You're sure he's hiding something, though not what. Maybe the Whitecloacks bought him off?

dscrank said:
Pedron trusts beggars even less than most people. True, just about anyone will sell you out for the right price, but beggars are cheap. He decides a simple bluff would be in order. "It's about time we heard from him. I was getting impatient with this Lieutenant... What was his name again?"

<and you rolled a 20 on your Bluff check>

"Err... he didn't say."

Pedron's certain he's up to something at this point, the only question is what.

dscrank

First Post
If the Lieutenant sent him, then I'm the Lord Captain Commander of the Whitecloaks! Rather than tip his hand, Pedron says, "Let me go get the others. I'll be right back."

Pedron heads back inside, by the front door this time, since he figures that he was already found by the person for whom he was searching. And what a lousy thief I am, to be approached by the man I was trying to find. Is he really the one who was following us, the one I never saw, and whom Jain and Ash only glimpsed? Maybe he's more crafty than he looks. Pedron's suddenly glad he's not going anywhere with this man alone.

Walking into the common room, Tomas is the first one he sees. The noble looks bored. Pedron doesn't particularly want to talk to the uppity Lord Tomas, but he was part of it too. Besides, they might need another swordsman. So he approaches Tomas and says, "There's a beggar here saying he was sent by Lieutenant Jerman. M'lord," he adds belatedly. How did one address arrogant Tairen nobles? "He's obviously lying. Maybe he's working for the Whitecloaks, or..."--Pedron lowers his voice--"someone worse. Let's get the others."

[OOC: I just saw Shalimar's post. I don't think she's there to overhear the conversation, is she?]

Last edited:

Jain Hadlin, them is fightin words!

Jain grins at Ashrems offer to dance. He pulls the rapier still sheathed from his belt and exicutes a roll to bing him into range with Ashrem. His first attack is a quick jab to the thigh.

"I may not be the best with the sword, but i did spend two years on the blight with Shienaran soldiers."

[OOC: Jains fighting style enfises, quick stabs, like a striking snake, and a fair share of tumbling and movement to keep apponents off balance. He deffinatly relys on agility over strength. We'll continue to spare entill someone comes and gets us.]

It feals good to be among friends agian.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
"Yes, maybe later m'lady." Ashrem said with a grin before turning to Jain.

Not as good as the Yuri, Jain was still formidable. "Well met Master Jain." Given the two men's fighting styles, they truly did appear to dance.

[OOC: Agreed, we fight till we have a reason not too or for abut 10 min. What happens Dave?]

Tay-Dor

First Post
dscrank said:
Walking into the common room, Tomas is the first one he sees. The noble looks bored. Pedron doesn't particularly want to talk to the uppity Lord Tomas, but he was part of it too. Besides, they might need another swordsman. So he approaches Tomas and says, "There's a beggar here saying he was sent by Lieutenant Jerman. M'lord," he adds belatedly. How did one address arrogant Tairen nobles? "He's obviously lying. Maybe he's working for the Whitecloaks, or..."--Pedron lowers his voice--"someone worse. Let's get the others."

"A beggar?" At least one of the people around her knows how to properly addess me. But a beggar? I suppose it beats sitting around here. Perhaps there will be some excitement. Lord Tomas nods and stands up, being sure to take his shield with him this time. "Well, I suppose we mustn't keep the Master Beggar waiting." I smile at Pedron, "If you wouldn't mind telling the women. I don't think they would take kindly to my interrupting whatever it is they are doing. I shall locate Ashrem and the others. Shall we meet outside the front doors?"

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads