[WoT] Breaking Weaves

pensiv

Explorer
On the old boards and on the WotC boards unravelling weaves have been brought up and addressed, but I'd like to know if there is a mechanic for breaking through weaves.

Such as "hammering" at a Shield or Harden Air weave to reach for the Source or move again respectively.

Enforcer

Explorer
There's no official mechanic that I'm aware of, although having the Ward Bore weave might be used to break through a shield, even though you can't channel.

In game, I'd basically let Forsaken to break weaves, and have normal people be screwed.

pensiv

Explorer
I was thinking of offering the save against a weave each round instead of just at first.

I'm not sure how to word this, but I'll try. . .

The difficulty of breaking through a weave should depend on the duration. The DC of breaking a weave that requires a concentration check each turn would be whatever the channeler comes up with on that check. The "bound" character would then make a Fortitude check against that number.

still thinking out the DC of a tied off weave. . .

Hmm . . . better yet, now that I think about it. Instead of "breaking through" the weave, the "hammering" should instead be a positive circumstance modifier to the Concentration DC for the person holding the weave.

let me know what you think.

Enforcer

Explorer
I like the idea of opposed saves vs. concentration checks for a maintained weave. Instead of only Fortitude, however, it should be the appropriate save for the weave. For a tied-off DC, it should probably be the normal save--the one the target had to make in the first place.

I like this better than the modifier to concentration checks idea because it involves the target more.

Remove ads