Resource icon

WotBS WotBS Errata v2

No permission to download

Tormyr

Adventurer
Tormyr submitted a new resource:

WotBS Errata - Errata and extra maps for War of the Burning Sky.

Do you have a print version of War of the Burning Sky or just want to know the significant changes in a new version of an adventure? Check the errata to stay up to date or download the new maps.

The Gauntlet: This update from The Scouring of Gate Pass is 114x78 squares. It includes the grotto for the Black Horses hideout.

Read more about this resource...

Would it be possible to incorporate the unkeyed battle maps to the Roll20 adventures? I'm currently running Shelter from the Storm, and I've found that there are unkeyed maps for a number of encounters (Wayfarers' Theater, Sunken Prison, Fire Tomb) that would be most useful to have when playing online. I tried uploading the unkeyed images, but aligning the grid has been a pain to deal with.

Also, in the Spelldueling part of the Lyceum it seems as if some text might be missing between the description of the duel setup and the inclusion of Pristina's tactics stating when she might challenge the PCs.

Tormyr

Adventurer
Would it be possible to incorporate the unkeyed battle maps to the Roll20 adventures? I'm currently running Shelter from the Storm, and I've found that there are unkeyed maps for a number of encounters (Wayfarers' Theater, Sunken Prison, Fire Tomb) that would be most useful to have when playing online. I tried uploading the unkeyed images, but aligning the grid has been a pain to deal with.

Also, in the Spelldueling part of the Lyceum it seems as if some text might be missing between the description of the duel setup and the inclusion of Pristina's tactics stating when she might challenge the PCs.
The versions of those maps that are online are the unkeyed versions. The room numbers and key are a separate PNG on the GM layer. The players will not see the room numbers or key unless you move it to the map layer.

The downside of this method is that it is a bit too easy to grab the PNG and move it around as you are trying to grab the NPC tokens that are also on the GM layer. After Shelter from the Storm, I moved to using individual tokens for the room numbers. A lot of the adventures did not have unkeyed versions of the maps, so I have gone through and scrubbed the room numbers for the Roll20 versions.

Thanks for pointing out the spelldueling, I will check it out.

The versions of those maps that are online are the unkeyed versions. The room numbers and key are a separate PNG on the GM layer. The players will not see the room numbers or key unless you move it to the map layer.
Well, now I just feel dumb 😅
Thanks for pointing that out to me!

Thanks for pointing out the spelldueling, I will check it out.
No problem! This adventure is a lot less linear than the previous ones and I've been going back and forth trying to get it all together in my head. I thought I was missing something, but couldn't find where Pristina fit in the spelldueling passage. Now, going through the 3.5 book, the only line I find that precedes the Tactics part is the following: "Statistics for a typical upperclass student of Lyceum are provided in Appendix B, as are statistics for one of the professors, Pristina Whitehair".

Another question: I've been pouring over old threads in the forum, and something called the Dianoem has been mentioned in a number of 4e threads. Is that something that was added in the 4e version and then left out in the 5e conversion? I can't find it in my 3.5 compilation, either.

Tormyr

Adventurer
The 4e conversion added a lot of things, but I felt like many of the additions distracted from the main plot and were added mostly to provide the XP needed to level the PCs or provide extra magic items. While I did not include many elements from the 4e version (such as the Dianoem subplot, a side quest in Innenotdar, and a side quest for Torrent/Tiljann that felt like it was meant to expand into something bigger), I did use much of the additional Campaign/Player's Guide material as well as the suggested vignettes for travelling from Innenotdar to Seaquen.

Last edited:

I'm playing WotBS 5e, and the 5e Player's Guide seems to be missing some text in the "Connections to Gate Pass" section. On page 6, under Gabal's School connection, the last paragraph ends in the middle of the sentence:

Gabal has announced that he intends to make a stand against Ragesia, ignoring the public stance of the city council. As the Ragesian
Any ideas...? I can't find it mentioned anywhere....

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases