[WotBS] How is "Ragesia" pronounced?

I'm also interested in, show of hands, how do different groups pronounce Shahalesti. One of my players always called them Shal-in-esti, which made me wonder if I should have gone with a more straightforward name in the campaign saga. Another player just called them "[expletive deleted] elves."

tomBitonti

Adventurer
I'm also interested in, show of hands, how do different groups pronounce Shahalesti. One of my players always called them Shal-in-esti, which made me wonder if I should have gone with a more straightforward name in the campaign saga. Another player just called them "[expletive deleted] elves."

That may be a borrowing from Dragonlance, which has an "n" sound in the second syllable of 9 out of 11 elf type names:

Colinesti Elf
Dargonesti Elf
Dimernesti Elf
Ergonesti Elves
Hest Elf
Kagonesti Elf
Lucanesti Elf
Merkitsa Elf
Qualinesti Elf
Silvanaes Elf
Silvanesti Elf

From http://www.dlnexus.com/lexicon/13467.aspx

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I always thought it was spelled reasonably phonetically. So something like SHA-ha-less-ti, possibly with the stress moved to a different syllable.

Asmor

First Post

Sha-ha-less-tee (emphasis on first syllable, with a minor emphasis on the last syllable as well).

I don't really see many other ways to interpret that. Maybe you could go Shey-uh-less-tee, but I think that would be pushing it.

Remove ads