• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotBS - Scouring of Gate Pass

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Let justice be served, Shade..." come the words from the Inquisitor. The inspiration is brief, but it will have to do. He stays where he is, looking to the rear door, knowing that there seems to be more trouble heading their way.

He waits patiently, his oath causing him to stand guard near the doorway. Glancing back, he calls out, "WAKE UP CRYSTIN!"

[sblock=Aaron's Actions]Standard Action - Inspiring Word for Shade. Grants +2 morale bonus to all attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saves for 1 full round.

Free Action, call out to wake up Crystin. Move Action - none... await more foes from the back door and take AoO's as they present themselves.
AC 19
Shield of Faith - 9 rounds left
AoO - 4 Per Round, at +7 to hit, 1d10+3dmg
Spells per Day "_" equals unused slot, "X" equals used spell slot
1st LVL - (X)(_)(_)(_) [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

Fantalass tries to use his wand on the much to close skeleton...

[sblock=OOC]
concentration check to cast defensively, if check needed when using a wand.
standard: MM on skeleton

---

Fantalass
AC 15 (11) (T11, FF10), HP 12/12, F +1,R+2,W+4

Acid Dart: 6/7 (+3, 1d6+2) (includes Point Blank bonus)
Magic Missle Wand: 23/50 (1d4+1)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Acid Splash, Dancing Light, Detect Magic, Message
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Mage Armor, Mount

Effects:

Caty: AC 16 (T14, FF14), HP 6/6, F +2,R+2,W+4 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Shade skids on a few bones as she approaches the melee inside the home. The stumble costs her a chance to get in a strike. Torrent takes that moment to exact a little revenge and cuts the hobgoblin deep. It starts to get some panic in it's eye and lashes out at Shade once more in an attempt to clear a path to the back door.

Barrik's blow he reflects with his shield as Fantalass raises his wand. The elf puts the tip of the wand nearly an inch away from the skeleton's head and speaks the command word. The skull explodes in a shower of small splinters before the headless body drops to the floor.

Marda steps up to defend the doorway and does a good job of it. Her blow almost shatters the half-orc's knee and gives him no time to return a blow as he bellows in pain.

Krarlrak nearly skips as he heads around to the back of the house. "Brother! Oh Brother were are you. We have mages to capture!" he says loud enough to be heard in the house. "Will you wait up you simpleton!" Boreus yells at the fast paced goblin.

[sblock=Preception DC 26]

"I'm 'ere brother by the door. Crank up your crossbow and I'll open it for you," Erman whispers back.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat]
POSTED IN INIT ORDER
Code:
[U]
Character       AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
[COLOR=White]Barrik          [/COLOR][COLOR=White][COLOR=Yellow]20[/COLOR]  [/COLOR][COLOR=White][COLOR=Orange]17[/COLOR]  fal[/COLOR]chion/[COLOR=Yellow][I]shield[/I][/COLOR];[COLOR=Magenta][I]bless[/I][/COLOR]
Elemental       17  17  none/none
Shade           17  [COLOR=White]27[/COLOR]  rapier&s.sword/[COLOR=Magenta][I]bless[/I][/COLOR];[COLOR=PaleGreen][I]inspired(+2)[/I][/COLOR]
Aaron           [COLOR=Yellow]19[/COLOR]  27  b.sword/[I][COLOR=Yellow]shield of faith[/COLOR][/I];[COLOR=Magenta][I]bless[/I][/COLOR]
Marda           [COLOR=Lime]23[/COLOR]  24  w.hammer&shield/[COLOR=Magenta][I][COLOR=Lime]attack on defensive[/COLOR][/I][COLOR=White];[/COLOR][I]bless[/I][/COLOR]
Fantalass       [COLOR=RoyalBlue]16[/COLOR]  12  none/[COLOR=RoyalBlue]mage armor[/COLOR];[I][COLOR=Magenta]bless
[/COLOR][/I]Krarlrak        15   7  h.c.bow/none
Haddin           9  [COLOR=Red]-7[/COLOR]  none/[COLOR=Red][I]dead[/I][/COLOR];[I][COLOR=Magenta]bless[/COLOR][/I]
Cyrstin         12   8  none/[I][COLOR=PaleTurquoise]unconsious[/COLOR][/I]
Torrent         15  28  b.axe/[I][COLOR=Magenta]bless[/COLOR][/I]
[COLOR=White]Smiley           [/COLOR][COLOR=Olive]9[/COLOR][COLOR=White]  [COLOR=Orange]13[/COLOR]  g.ax[/COLOR]e/[COLOR=Olive][I]enlarged[/I][/COLOR](7/10);[I][COLOR=Purple]rage[/COLOR][/I](5/8 rounds)
Boreus          [COLOR=Yellow]15[/COLOR]  36  claw/[I][COLOR=Plum]circle pro.(chaos)[/COLOR][/I];[I][COLOR=Yellow]shield of faith[/COLOR][/I]
Soldiers        19   [COLOR=Orange]3[/COLOR]  b.axe&shield/location-outside
Soldiers        19   [COLOR=Orange]2[/COLOR]  b.axe&shield/location-in house
Emran           15   7  s.sword/special
[/sblock]
[sblock=Actions]
Round 4:
Barrik - attack (miss)
Elemental - double move
Torrent - attack soldier (hit,dmg: 10) (1d20+7/1d8+4)
Shade - move (draws AoO) attack (miss)
Aaron - Inspiring Word (Shade)
Marda - attack(on def.) (hit, dmg: 13)
Fantalass - use magic missile wand (dmg: 5)
Krarlrak - double move
Emram - DM only...
Smiley - attack Marda (miss) (1d20+10/3d6+13)
Boreus - double move
soldier - Outside - retrieve potion, drink potion
soldier - In house - attack Shade (miss) (1d20+5/1d8+2)[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]
Marda warhammer att:
+2 BAB
+3 STR
+1 Item
+1 Bless
+1 Divine Power
-2 Fighting on the Defensive

Note: Smiley's HP only went down by 9 (as I forgot to add in adjusted CON hp for rage)
DW said:
Just glad it didn't confirm, Shield served me well.

Second time too, first was from a spirited charge triple damage great sword.

WD said:
concentration check to cast defensively, if check needed when using a wand.

None needed using a wand is a standard action - Activate magic item other than potion or oil. AoO? - No[/sblock]

Attachments

• WotBS rd5.jpg
    WotBS rd5.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
OOC: It doesn't change anything this time, but for future reference:

Cover and Attacks of Opportunity: You can’t execute
an attack of opportunity against an opponent with cover
relative to you.
~ PFC pg 195

The corner stopped the soldier from being able to make a AoO against Shade as she moved up next to him, because the corner.

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

Fantalass 'throws' a Magic Missle with his wand at the remaining soldier in the house.

[sblock=OOC]

standard: on 2HP soldier in the house.

---

Fantalass
AC 15 (11) (T11, FF10), HP 12/12, F +1,R+2,W+4

Acid Dart: 6/7 (+3, 1d6+2) (includes Point Blank bonus)
Magic Missle Wand: 22/50 (1d4+1)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Acid Splash, Dancing Light, Detect Magic, Message
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Mage Armor, Mount

Effects:

Caty: AC 16 (T14, FF14), HP 6/6, F +2,R+2,W+4 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Barrik ignores the various things going on around him, instead focusing on the surviving soldier. He sidesteps and throws his falchion in a wide arc, aiming to finish the fool. Or give Shade the opportunity to stab him in the back.

Meanwhile, the rocky canine doggedly pursues the fleeing goblin.

[sblock=OOC]
Barrik takes 5-ft. step West and attacks the soldier. Elemental takes another Run action (NOT Double-Move) North-West 8 squares (12 squares of movement) - should place it at the square directly south-west of Kralrak.
(Quick note, HM: Run and Double-Move are different. Run is a Full-Round action allowing up to x4 speed, or x3 if in heavy armor. And I did double-check it for PF, it is as I'm saying. You still got my movement right last turn, I just want to be totally clear. :))

Barrik AC 20, HP 17/26, Shield has 27 rounds remaining.
1st-level Spells: 1/4 cast.
Summon Monster: 1/4 cast.

Earth Elemental AC 17, HP 17/17
[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Aaron can see that the battle is going well, for now. Turning his attention back to Crystin, he sees her still slumbering. They would not be able to flee, for she would have to be carried. They would be cut down quickly. Glancing back to Shade, he prays a silent prayer that she would cut down the last of the foes inside.

Seeing the only foe left visible is the large brute at the front door, Aaron calls out to Marda, "You have been found worthy, my sister! Let her hand guide you!"

He awaits the foes from the rear of the abode, keeping to the shadows of the doorway, and hoping to hew down even more enemies, should they present themselves.

[sblock=Aarons Actions/Status]Standard Action - Inspiring Word for Marda, as she is the one fighting one on one with the brute up front. Grants +2 morale bonus to all attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saves for 1 full round.

Move Action - none... await more foes from the back door and take AoO's as they present themselves.
AC 19
Shield of Faith - 8 rounds left
AoO - 4 Per Round, at +7 to hit, 1d10+3dmg
Spells per Day "_" equals unused slot, "X" equals used spell slot
1st LVL - (X)(_)(_)(_)[/sblock]

Remove ads