• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E WotC asks "If you could create one D&D subclass, what would it be and what would it do?

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
Way of the Feral.
In my homebrew setting, there is a monastic order whose founder was a feral child.
I picture the sub-class as gaining something akin to a lizardfolk's Hungry Jaws trait, and maybe the ability to speak with animals.

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
In all seriousness... elemental sorcerer, so that my 6-year-old daughter can play Elsa without having to do a weird re-skin of a silver dragon sorcerer.

Something like the straightforward 4E elemental sorcerer (with increased noncombat utility based around their element) would be fantastic.

In all seriousness... elemental sorcerer, so that my 6-year-old daughter can play Elsa without having to do a weird re-skin of a silver dragon sorcerer.

Mike Mearls wants some kind of elemental thing (and a primal spirit thing too): https://www.sageadvice.eu/2018/02/1...nt-been-filled-out-yet-with-a-subclass-in-5e/

"I’d like to see a subclass that does more with spirits and primal entities. I’d also like to see one that does something meatier with elementals and elemental power." It seems to me that the sorcerer is a good candidate for "meatier."

It would also be interesting to see what he means by "a subclass that does more with spirits and primal entities." It seems like the shepherd druid and the ancestor barbarian (even though they are different spirits than I think he means here) moved pretty close to that (and totem barbarian was already there). So what is left, a nature warlock? a primal sorcerer? Bard is naturally pretty flexible, so not so much need there, and the theurge didn't make it so "wizard with expanded spell list" is probably on the backburner for a while.

Remove ads