• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WOTC D&D June Editorial Calendar is up!

avin

First Post
Definitely one-shot encounters would be far more useful for me than an adventure path.

There should be a "plot a week" session, the hook session is failing to appeal me.

As for Dragon, Baazar of the Bizarre should be back.

Verys Arkon

First Post
I've been keeping track of the basic article and page counts for Dragon and Dungeon Magazines.

DragonandDungeonpagecounttoMay20-2.jpg

Dungeon has really slipped last month, and was the thinest issue to date.
The overall page count for May between the two magazines has dropped to its second lowest number since the magazines went digital 4e last June (excluding Playtest articles). (Edit: note that May's Dragon issue page count is estimated since the columns aren't in pdf form until it is compiled - I'll update it when it becomes available. Edit: Now updated).

The quality of each individual article is relative to each reader, so it is impossible to track.

Last edited:

Hawke

Explorer
Great job! I'm always about real data than eyeballing.

Once wotc dropped pdf support I let my account lapse and decided to enjoy the stuff I had... kind of worked out that I haven't missed too much. I'll likely sign back on to get in at the cheaper price, but this certainly doesn't make me want to rush out and do that.

Scribble

First Post
Sooo.... Verys... What's Up?

Ummm yeahhhh Didn't you get the memo about the new TPS report covers?

And before I forget... I'm gonna have to ask you to go ahead and come in on Saturday...

JoeGKushner

First Post
Definitely one-shot encounters would be far more useful for me than an adventure path.

There should be a "plot a week" session, the hook session is failing to appeal me.

As for Dragon, Baazar of the Bizarre should be back.

They should call it "Sandbox" where it allows the GM to use it in pretty much any standard setting. A map, some encounters and full stats.

Siberys

Adventurer
"Forbidden Forge" reminds me of the 3e Eberron starter in the back of the book - Forgotten Forge. Maybe Forbidden is a 4e rehash of Forgotten?

Verys Arkon

First Post
I've updated the chart posted earlier to reflect May's Dragon final compilation. The total page count is very high, but that is because 26% of the issue is Playtest articles! In terms of feature articles, May's Dragon is the lowest page count since the magazines changed to 4e, and Dungeon has the lowest number of adventure pages to date as well.

Sure hope June changes things...

Remove ads