WotC has begun deleting old website articles (3.x and previous...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nijineko

Explorer
in response to this, i have organized my collection of the wotc website, which i have been saving page by page (3.x and previous stuff only) since 2001 or so, into an archive for preservation.

this archive is the entire website and archives, with very few exceptions. also included are the dragondex collection from aeolia.net and the darksun collection from athas.org plus a number of character sheet collections gathered up along the way.

currently hosted on an online site, link removed by moderator is the link for everyone to take advantage of!

Mod Edit: EN World does not support copyright violation. Nor do we allow the site to be used to trade in materials that infringe on copyright. Please do not post such a link again. Thank you. ~Umbran

Last edited by a moderator:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Rainbow kitty, you are the wind beneath my wings.

By the way, I'm going to take a stab at your sig file. Does it say "Do people choose the road they walk on, or does the road they walk on choose them?"

concerro

Explorer
in response to this, i have organized my collection of the wotc website, which i have been saving page by page (3.x and previous stuff only) since 2001 or so, into an archive for preservation.

this archive is the entire website and archives, with very few exceptions. also included are the dragondex collection from aeolia.net and the darksun collection from athas.org plus a number of character sheet collections gathered up along the way.

currently hosted on an online site, linkremovedbymoderator is the link for everyone to take advantage of!
I ended up on website with what looked like a foreign language.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah. And because it's such a big chunk, I know I'm not going to be able to download it. I got about 1/2 of the way through and my internet connection reset.

I've got a datacap (stupid datacaps and no, I've got no choice), so that means I just lost 1 GB of my datacap, since the download wasn't recoverable/restartable.

If it was broken into chunks, it'd be a lot more useful for folks. A program like HJ split or even just breaking it up into chunks like WinRAR allows. I think 7Zip allows it too.

ruemere

Adventurer
Probably the best idea would be to split archive into smaller chunks, around 100MB each (separate and complete subsets of the original archive), and then gather all chunks into a single batch torrent. And just put the torrent on piratebay.org

Regards,
Ruemere

Ace

Adventurer
Thanks much! Its easy for stuff to fall down the memory hole if its only on PDF or other electronic media. The effort to preserve it is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads