• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Product Catalog Updated

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Madness at Gardmore Abbey
61rnAUNHIpL._SS500_.jpg

Image from Amazon

D&D Super-Adventure
RPG Staff

A thrilling heroic-tier adventure for characters of levels 6–10.

Item Details
Item Code: 355930000
Release Date: September 20, 2011
Format: Boxed Set
Price: $39.99 C$46.99
ISBN: 978-0-7869-5873-6

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Neverwinter Campaign Setting
61dNMVxZjlL._SS500_.jpg

Image from Amazon

D&D Game Supplement
Matt Sernett, Erik Scott de Bie, and Ari Marmell

A heroic campaign set in one of the most popular regions of the Forgotten Realms world.

Reduced to ruins by supernatural cataclysms, Neverwinter rises from the ashes to reclaim its title as the Jewel of the North. Yet even as its citizens return and rebuild, hidden forces pursue their own goals and vendettas, any one of which could tear the city apart.

Neverwinter has long been one of the most popular locations in the Forgotten Realms campaign world. This book presents a complete heroic-tier campaign setting that plunges players into the politics, skullduggery, and peril of a city on the brink of destruction or greatness. A wealth of information about Neverwinter and its environs is provided: maps, quests, encounters, and statistics — everything a Dungeon Master needs for his heroic tier adventures.

Item Details
Item Code: 317290000
Release Date: August 16, 2011
Page Count: 224
Price: $39.95 C$46.00
ISBN: 978-0-7869-5814-6

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Conquest of Nerath Boardgame
dnd_products_dndacc_338060000_pic3_en.jpg

Image from WotC Product Catalog

D&D Boardgame
Richard Baker, Mons Johnson, and Peter Lee

Wage war in the Dungeons & Dragons world.

War has come to the Dungeons & Dragons world! In the north, the undead legions of the Dark Empire of Karkoth march against the fragile League of Nerath, determined to sweep away the human kingdoms forever. To the south, the infernal Iron Circle launches its own goblin hordes in a campaign of conquest against the elves and corsairs of Vailin. From the snowy expanse of the Winterbole Forest to the sun-warmed coasts of ancient Vailin, four great powers struggle for survival.

Muster armies of footsoldiers, siege engines, monsters, and dragons to attack your enemies. Fight across the waves with fleets of warships and raging elementals. Plunder ancient dungeons with bands of mighty heroes, searching for magical artifacts and awesome treasures that might tip the scales of battle in your favor. The fate of empires is in your hands!

This game includes the following components:

► Rulebook
► Dice
► Game board
► 110 cards
► 252 plastic playing pieces representing the champions and armies of Nerath, Karkoth, the Iron Circle, and Vailin

Item Details
Item Code: 338060000
Release Date: June 21, 2011
Format: Non-traditional
Price: $79.99 C$92.99
ISBN: 978-0-7869-5849-8

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I hope the Neverwinter "setting" gets three books for it like all the other settings. Perhaps WotC will do a Neverwinter Creature Catalog and a mega-adventure book like Tome of Horrors.

Wicht

Hero
Looking at these releases (as someone who is not currently a WotC customer) I am struck by the fact that WotC really does not release any lower tier RPG items (meaning RPG books in the $10-20) range. They all seem to be higher priced items. That can't be good for selling to impulse buyers.

Looking at these releases (as someone who is not currently a WotC customer) I am struck by the fact that WotC really does not release any lower tier RPG items (meaning RPG books in the $10-20) range. They all seem to be higher priced items. That can't be good for selling to impulse buyers.

The essentials core books are all at the 20.00 retail point (possibly less online).

Wicht

Hero
The essentials core books are all at the 20.00 retail point (possibly less online).

That's good, but they still are not the sort of impulse buy item that I would get if I am browsing through the book storelooking at the gaming books. And I can only buy them once. It just seems to me there should be multiple offerings at multiple price ranges. But all the books being released (aside from novels) are $40+. (How long has that been going on?)

Like I said, I'm not currently a WotC customer and maybe my buying habits are not the norm, but I always liked, when I had $20 bucks to spend, to be able to go to Waldenbooks and pick up some game-related reading. (In fact my chief annoyance as a Pathfinder player, is that some of the book stores still aren't stocking it, allowing me to do just this. Mail delivery is fine but there's just something about looking through the books in a bookstore.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads