• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) WotC renaming Charisma in 2024 books

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero

giphy.gif

Vaalingrade

Legend
My favorite part is that in the article I read, they could only speculate that rizz was derived from charisma and credited it to a random Youtuber who says they didn't base it on Charisma.

That said, rizz is one of the better new words. Gen-X managed to evade the Generation Wars, but they will be punished for 'blog' and its bastard child, 'vlog'.

BookTenTiger

He / Him
Working in a 5th Grade classroom this year, "slay" is a big term. What's interesting is that a group of kids decided to come up with a rival phrase and somehow landed on "Steve Jobs" as a kind of "good job" alternative. So now whenever anyone does anything good, the class erupts in a bunch of "slays" and "Steve Jobs." It's neat to see culture generate right before your eyes.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
To be fair... I would have no issue with renaming Charisma OR Constitution so that we could have six different initial letters for the ability scores. :D

That's one of my little pet peeves and something I always try and slightly force my players to go along with... no one's allowed to come up with character names whose initial letter is the same as anyone else's. If I'm writing down initiative order and such, I just want to be able to use a single letter for each PC for ease-of-use and recognition.

Remove ads