D&D 4E Would you be interested in a dedicated 4e Site/Forum

Rechan

Adventurer
Once 5e hits for real, the 4e forum on ENWorld is going to get moved to the Legacy forum. Wizards' forums are going to shift to 5e. RPGNet's D&D forum is for all editions/d20. PF gets its own forum here, and of course the PF forums at Paizo.

In sum, there's no where to go to just talk about 4e.

Which got me thinking. There's Dragonfoot, which is a 1e-2e dedicated forum for oldschoolers.

Would folks here be interested in a site/forum dedicated just to 4e, once WotC/everyone stops supporting it? Because the way 5e is shaping up, I'm very, very wary of it, and I have the feeling that many of the 4e fans here may feel the same way.

Tallifer

Hero
The Wizards of the Coast might have a single dedicated forum for the Fourth Edition. I say this, because their site has a huge number of fora for every conceivable topic.

However, I would be very happy to support a purely Fourth Edition forum on another site, IF the moderation is strict and active.

Pour

First Post
I would be interested, yes. Also, in some sort of web ring or running list of active and archived 4e blogs.

Dice4Hire

First Post
I am not much interested. I suspect that the majority of activity in Legacy will be 4E, once 5E hits the shelves. So, in effect, it will be a 4E forum.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
The initial premise of this thread is wrong. We'll probably keep a dedicated 4e forum for at least a year or two after D&D Next comes out -- and I'm guessing that's not going to happen for a year and a half or so.

Once 5e hits for real, the 4e forum on ENWorld is going to get moved to the Legacy forum. Wizards' forums are going to shift to 5e. RPGNet's D&D forum is for all editions/d20. PF gets its own forum here, and of course the PF forums at Paizo.

In sum, there's no where to go to just talk about 4e.

As mentioned above, there will still be a 4e forum here. However, 4e forums in general might die out.

At RPG.net, right now, there's far more 5e threads than threads for any other edition on their d20 forum, and it's more than a little irritating. I virtually never go there anymore because of that.

I would be happy if there were more 4e forums elsewhere; ENWorld has done the right thing and kept the edition forums separate.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases