Would you like to see Dragonlance Movie(s)?

Would you like to see Dragonlance movie(s)?

• I'd love to see DL movies on the silver screen.

Votes: 78 75.7%
  • I'm not sure, may a direct to video, or made for TV deal

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • The abyss take this idea and Takhisis strike me down for even posting this

Votes: 19 18.4%

Lothaire

First Post
I've been reading through the Dragonlance chronicles recently and, I've been wondering about the prospects of getting a movie based on the trilogy. LOTR has shown us (or at least Fellowship has) that a successful movie based on a fantasy novel is possible.

Do you think there is any possibility of a DL movie coming about?
Would you go see it? Any casting suggestions? Lemon Curry?

Edited due to the fact that I've had 4 hours of sleep in the past 30 hours with no coffee.

Last edited:

Mojo

First Post
Definite "Yes" here

I've always thought they would make a great movie...but they would have to be done right...perhaps all three Chronicles filmed at once like LOTR, then followed by Legends (the better of the two I thought) done the same way.

Probably a pipe dream, but one worth dreaming in my opinion.

Wippit Guud

First Post
The should do Legend of Huma first, both to get a feel for the number of people who'll see it, and because it contains a lot of background stuff that Chronicles is based on, which would benefit the trilogy.

Course, being my favorite story doesn't hurt, either :)

If the movie was of the same quality as Lord of the Rings, I would love to see this hit the big screen. I wouldn't want to see a cheap version put out. Let's face it, the 3 DL chronicles would probably cost as much, if not more to make than LotR.

adndgamer

First Post
I voted yes, but that would only be if it was LOTR quality. If it was another D&D: The Movie type venture, then by all the gods no!

Ranger REG

Explorer
If you want to make this movie more acceptable to the mainstream moviegoers, do not slap "Dungeons & Dragons" on the movie title or anywhere near the opening credit.

You don't want to remind them of the last D&D movie, not for at least 10 years.

Since Hasbro has George Lucas as its silent partner, perhaps it would be best to go with ILM for special effects and digital film production. I'm sure they can top the special effects used by LOTR production.

Cake Mage

Explorer
Re: Definite "Yes" here

Mojo said:
I've always thought they would make a great movie...but they would have to be done right...perhaps all three Chronicles filmed at once like LOTR, then followed by Legends (the better of the two I thought) done the same way.

Probably a pipe dream, but one worth dreaming in my opinion.

exactly

MythandLore

First Post
I was hoping DL was going to be the story they were going to use for the D&D movie, I was really disappointed.

I thought it would make a great movie when the books first came out, and I still think it would.

Though I think the story has many parallels with both LotR and SW.

Last edited:

Remove ads