Writer announcing adventures release?

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
Would it be considered appropriate for a writer to announce the release of their adventure in the general forums?
I don't think I've seen this done before. Is it convention for writers to not talk about their products until a fan brings it up?

And yes the publisher (6d6fireball) has already announced it in the publishers and press releases forums.

Thondor

So . . . it depends. I'll elaborate.

6d6 fireball has just released its first adventure writing competition winning .pdf. (Of which I am the authour.) This adventure, the Sanctum of the Fiery Ladder, has just become available for free download as part of an open-playtest.

I was thinking of posting something along the lines of:

D&D 3.5 adventure open-playtest

As part of an ongoing adventure writing competition, the first monthly adventure has just been released for free as part of an open-playtest. The open-playtest is designed to help make this and future adventures even better.

You can download this adventure, the Sanctum of the Fiery Ladder, from 6d6 Fireball, here.

-------------------

Thanks for answering my questions. This is the first time I have a work being published. And I'd like to be able to talk about it.
If this is pushing the envelope I understand.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That sounds like a press release, and probably belongs in the publisher forum.

However, a thread which said "hey guys, I'm really excited because I won the competition and wrote this adventure! I'm excited because.... [cue discussion]" would be fine in the General forum.

A lot of it is in how you phrase it. The publisher forum is for announcements and solicitations; the General forum is for discussion.

Thondor

Thanks Morrus, I'll be sure to keep that tone in mind if I do start up a thread.

Also thanks for starting that thread Mark. Interesting to see where that will go.

Remove ads