WTF is "cold iron", and why's it so special?

CapnZapp

Legend
Okay. I have a few questions.

Are you confident that you have a fair reading of "the whole argument" within its twenty-months-dead conversational context?

Do you actually disagree with it?

Are you going anywhere else with this?

And is it important enough for you to keep @ing me about so long after the fact?

(N.b.: All these questions are rhetorical.)
I note the irony in you complaining about being quoted... in a post where you yourself quote...

End of note

gator001

Villager
Was very obviously answered by my question. Person 1:"Hey Mike! You wanna go to Vegas with us?" Mike:"Did Mike Tyson hit like a ton of bricks?"

Humans are naturally occurring. Nature provided them, unless you are arguing creationism.

Dunno. I didn't say that. What I said is that some acts are natural and some, probably most, are not.
List them.

gator001

Villager
Stop feeding the troll.

It's a philosophical troll, but a troll nevertheless.

If he can't see that D&D cold iron is a pop-culture appropriation of an ancient mythical concept, he's either arguing in bad faith or genuinely new to role-playing.

Given his eloquent argumentation, I'm inclined to guess the former - hence the troll label. (It is at this stage a good-natured conversationalist removes his fake troll costume and says "You got me; yep, I was only trying to trigger y'all with philosophy. Ha ha. No harm, no foul."

If it is the latter, my apologies. Then my answer becomes: "Because. Next question?"
"It is at this stage anyone who disagrees with me says they weren't being honest, because that's easier for me than actually trying to refute any arguments presented."

gator001

Villager
I'm going to have to have a serious conversation with my mother about storks.

Seriously, though, reproduction is a natural act. It's not as if we have to go smelt a bunch of metal to forge us some babies.

It takes more than an act to make something unnatural, though. See my comment on the difference between an ant hill and a beehive. Yes reproduction and cars both require human acts, but one is an act of nature and the other involves unnatural acts.
Which acts are unnatural, and why?

Remove ads